Liquid Diet Before or After a Fill?

Hi there,

I remember reading somewhere that before and/or immediately after a fill is when I should be on a liquid diet.

Does anyone have any experience with this? My new lap band doctor didn't mention anything about going on a liquid diet. Did I just dream that, or has anyone else heard of doing this, as well?

- 1jmk (Janet)

After a fill the OCC instructs us to be on liquids for 3 days, at least that's what Dr. So had me do. Before your fill you should have no food for 4 hours but can sip liquids. 1 hour before no liquids especially anything cold. Ask your doctor is you are not going to the OCC for their instructions though.

After a fill the OCC instructs us to be on liquids for 3 days, at least that's what Dr. So had me do. Before your fill you should have no food for 4 hours but can sip liquids. 1 hour before no liquids especially anything cold. Ask your doctor is you are not going to the OCC for their instructions though.

Thanks so much, Julie, for your words of wisdom. Part of the problem has been that I haven't been able to get a hold of my lap band doctor (he's apparently away at some convention until tomorrow), so at least I'll have something to go on before I make my way to his office.

I really apprecitate your guidance on this, and on many of the issues you've responded to in the OCC forum. Thanks again for being there for me (and for all the others you've helped)!

- 1jmk (Janet).

My instructions were nothing to eat for 4 hours before the fill and then liquids for 24 hours and mushies for the next 24 hours and then on to regular foods