Finally feel somewhat alive today...

:mellow:

Don't get me wrong the surgery went great... But I think it had something to do with me telling them I usually have bad nausea after anesthetic, so they doped me up big time on that, as well kept feeding me pain pills, AND putting me on asthma preventative meds. I think all of these meds in my system, combined with the fact I err... Hadn't had a bowel movement since sunday night - made me feel like I was literally hung over.

I'm going to run to walmart and pick up some anti constipation stuff that i've read about in previous posts.

I think I really need to get this "crap" out of me, and I'll feel so much better. Also, the gas pain I'm feeling isn't in my should area, but right in the middle of my chest. I spent 3 hrs last night leaning over the bathroom sink, with my head on the faucet producing wimpy burps. (I paint a lovely picture don't I?)

Anyways, just thought I'd keep you posted. Not sure if this is entirely normal post-op behaviour, but I'm the lucky one to experience it.

As for the pain - I have really none. Only my port site is a lil tender, and I have to remind myself I can't bend down to grab things right now as I used to so easily. But the incisions look good -- oh .. and I'm definitely a bruiser. **laugh.. My tummy is more black and blue than skin color.

I'll end the descriptive story here :)

Thanks again,

Hi Shannon,

Glad you are feeling better than last time we talked. How did you get rid of the nausea? I'm doing as well.

Pam

Shannon~

That all sounds familiar! You will be on the mend in no time flat. Hang in there! :D

The key to getting the "crap" out of your system is tons of fluids, as best you can I mean. The more the bettere. You need to flush your system with liquids like gatorade, prune juice (just try it and take it a sip at a time) and anything else you can drink.

Hope you are feeling better by the time I post this. This period of time after surgery when people feel not the best will go by quickly. Baby yourself and feel better. I had the pain in my chest also. I t does get better!!

:lb4:

Thanks guys -- I feel like I'm 80 though, I walk slow, bend down slow, and say "oye" alot... **laugh..

I did just come back from shopping - any reason to get out and walk right?

I'm drinking a gaterade slurpee (with spoon, no straw) and that seems to be tasting well. So i bough myself a lil ice shaver/ sno cone machine. That might be fun. I figure I can make a crystal light syrup to put on the ice. It's better than all this sugar loading im doing lately.

But then again -- where else are my calories supposed to come from right now?

I'm making homemade chicken stock as we speak, and I'm hoping I'll be hungry enough for it tonight!

Thanks again for all your guy's support...

ps... I have the fleet. Here goes nothing :)

hey beautiful lady! wish you were closer so we could do this together :( i didn't have my first "movement" since surgery on friday till TODAY. boy did it feel nice to get that out but kinda hurt on the exit :huh: my chest pain was for about 3 days, maybe four and then way better... hardy at all now. you can do it! warm bevies seem to be more soothing and help with the gas issues - broth (low on the sodium though), peppermint tea, camomile tea. always have a mug in your hand and those liquids will do their job. careful on the "help" with the bowels - diarrhea is not going to feel very good right now - your tummy needs calm.

love ya!

Thanks Julie,

Yeah, the chest pains are slowly dissapearing, but I still have this feeling of a big burp stuck in me. I've been trying to make sure I'm drinking lots, I don't want to risk getting dehydrated.

Glad to hear you're doing well - I'm back in town mid August I think (real food time) - we'll have to get together :)

Thanks Julie,

Yeah, the chest pains are slowly dissapearing, but I still have this feeling of a big burp stuck in me. I've been trying to make sure I'm drinking lots, I don't want to risk getting dehydrated.

Glad to hear you're doing well - I'm back in town mid August I think (real food time) - we'll have to get together :)

Hi Shannon,

We were banded on the same day...they took you "to the back" and I never saw you again !! I've been feeling like a lil ol lady too, but overall not too bad. Just keep drinking, drinking, drinking. Tums has also helped quite a bit. I am also still waiting for the BIG BURP. What I wouldn't give for a big chug of diet coke!! Well, I hope you're feeling better soon. Also, I didn't get a chance to say bye to Teri. I'm hoping she's doing well, she's such a sweetie! Let her know I'm wondering how she's doing. Take care, Toni

Isn't it nice to have the friends from you banding day?

Happygirl02 I was glad to see your post. Sounds like you had a great bunch that day. I wish you all a quick road to recovery if you're not there already!!

And I know about the liquids once again. I am relying them afer my 1st fill for the most part. I wish I had the time to make homemade chicken stock, Yummy!!

Take care to all of you and best wishes in the weeks ahead.

Teri sent me an email the other day, apparently she had to change her flights and such - because she had to go back to the hospital for another day. She was so dehydrated, she couldn't stop vomitting.

She told me that the dr's did an immediate unfill? and she has no restriction at all right now.

I didn't know we had any fill in us at surgery time?

Plus - I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm sooo not hungry. (Just metal hunger comes in once in a while - eg) after making my boyfriend "real popcorn" - it smelt good, but it's funny how easy to imagine my band trying to suck past this one piece of popcorn, and slipping :) I imagine it like a cartoon :) less guts and fat :) **laughing

hey beautiful lady! wish you were closer so we could do this together :( i didn't have my first "movement" since surgery on friday till TODAY. boy did it feel nice to get that out but kinda hurt on the exit :huh: my chest pain was for about 3 days, maybe four and then way better... hardy at all now. you can do it! warm bevies seem to be more soothing and help with the gas issues - broth (low on the sodium though), peppermint tea, camomile tea. always have a mug in your hand and those liquids will do their job. careful on the "help" with the bowels - diarrhea is not going to feel very good right now - your tummy needs calm.

love ya!

Hey Shannon,

Thanks for sharing all the your thoughts and experiences. I am go in T minus 2 days and all this feedback from you and tohers is really helpful and I know what to be prepared for....

BE well and relax.Elaina =D>