Negative Calorie Foods...

Heard about this at work today, and hadn't heard about it before. I know that I've been slacking on eating my veggies, so this may just get me back on track....

Negative calorie foods are highly recommended for weight-loss programs and this concept is nevertheless becoming more popular these days.

There are particular types of foods, which require more calories to burn than what they actually have. A particular diet, for example, could have 100 calories but it will require 200 calories to digest the food. Therefore, if you include these types of foods in your diet, deposited fat gets burn instead of adding up more extra calories.

Negative calorie foods

Nothing is more attractive to dieters than 0-calorie foods because these types of diet contradict the usual result of excessive food intake. Apples, spinach, lemon, papaya, broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus and celery have this quality and hence often recommended by dietitian. There are more than a hundred of those foods in all.

There is a need to know the advantages and disadvantages of negative calorie diets.

Advantages

These types of diets are excellent for quick fat loss calories are taken from reserves to burn the foods.

Disadvantages

Taking negative calorie diet for long may not be good for your health because exclusivity to zero calorie foods can lead to starvation. Fat and proteins are also essential to body functions. These foods do not contain fats and proteins, even in fewer amounts.

Thus, muscles will deteriorate as well as overall body maintenance. This is due to lack of protein. Lack of minimal fats will lead to lack of energy.

Everything has its pros and cons. Eating fatty and protein-rich foods at times can be good. Negative calorie foods should be taken wisely and strategically.

I need to go out and get me some of these!!!!!!

Thanks for posting the article...now I can add more things to my grocery list. It makes it much easier to be "good" when you have so many choices.

Denise

I HATE vegetables so what I do is use my juicer to get my veggies in...

I juice 1 cucumber, 2 carrorts and 2 stalks of celery which turns into about 10oz of liquid and drink that in the morning... 80% of the time those are the ONLY veggies I get in each day unless I have a salad as a meal and for me that means just romaine lettuce, chicken and dressing.