new to all this

Ok, not sure where to start, but i have been researching this procedure for a little while and i am almost convinced to have it done.

I am just a little bit concerned about making a drastic change like this that will affect me for the rest of my life. I am worried about soooo many things such as are there any foods i will never be able to eat again, am i taking the easy way out, how long will i be off from work, things like that. My mind is just racing about it all, any suggestions on anything?

I was glad when i found this forum because i hope that you all might be able to help ease my concerns and also help me in making a decision about the place to have it done at a reasonable cost, also how much are fills

I hope that you can answer my questions since this would be a lifelong commitment and i want to look at the overall financial side of it .

Sorry if i was jumping around in my questions but it is after 4 am and i have been up nearly 24 hours

Thanx in advance, also anyone from near Pendleton, oregon on here?

Chrys

Ok, not sure where to start, but i have been researching this procedure for a little while and i am almost convinced to have it done.

I am just a little bit concerned about making a drastic change like this that will affect me for the rest of my life. I am worried about soooo many things such as are there any foods i will never be able to eat again, am i taking the easy way out, how long will i be off from work, things like that. My mind is just racing about it all, any suggestions on anything?

I was glad when i found this forum because i hope that you all might be able to help ease my concerns and also help me in making a decision about the place to have it done at a reasonable cost, also how much are fills

I hope that you can answer my questions since this would be a lifelong commitment and i want to look at the overall financial side of it .

Sorry if i was jumping around in my questions but it is after 4 am and i have been up nearly 24 hours

Chrys

The best place to start is right here. Go through the posts and you will find lots of the answers to your questions.

Chrys

There are many answers to your questions through out this forum but I will give you a few right here.

There may be foods that you decide to avoid in the future that are uncomfortable for you to eat but most things you can at least have occassionally depending on the amount of restriction you have. You just have to chew incredibly well, take really small bites and not drink while you are eating. This is definitely not the easy way out. For me it is the only way out because I have tried everything else and while I have always had temporary success I have been unable to maintain long term. You still have to work with your band, but it is a tool that works well. Think of it like this: Is weight watchers the easy way out??? I've done it and can definitely say no but it is a tool that can help. The Band is just a better more permanant tool than the ones you have used in the past.

I was off work from Thurs - Sun. Went back to work Monday and while I was tired I was definitely able to do my job without any problem.

This forum is a great place for information and support. You will find the people here very friendly and helpful. It is a place a visit nearly every day if not multiple times a day.

Blessings!

I think if you just spend time reading this forum you will get most of your questions answered. If not just ask.

Most of the things you have asked are here already so take some time and start reading.

Most of us were banded in Mexico by Dr. Ariel Ortiz at the Obesity Control Center, the sponsor of this forum. There are numerous raves about this man and the clinic he operates so again I suggest to just read, read, read!

I am from Portland, OR and there are alot of us OrEgonians here on the forum. I am not so sure about how many in eastern oregon though. I am happy to chat with you anytime if you want to PM me. I was banded 6/4/06 and had my 1st fill 1 week ago so I am still fairly new at this.

I have absolutely no regrets and look forward to coming to this forum EVERYDAY as my support system. It's great here!

Congratulations on taking the first steps to a new you!! Yes you too can do this.