With Gratitude

Today I am filled with gratitude that God directed my path to the lap-band and this forum. Having had a particularly difficult 3 months with my extended family, I can feel the support that many of you have extended to me. Indeed, it is the support that we come to this forum to have.

Many of you don't know that I was a voice major in college 30 years ago. I have since had the honor of singing this in a public concert, with a solo in the second verse. I have no way to sing it to you myself, so this version will have to do. It is my favorite song, and I offer it to you with love. A special thank you to my special lap-band friends.

youtube link

You Raise Me Up

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;

When troubles come and my heart burdened be;

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,

Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up To more than I can be.

There is no life no life without its hunger;

Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;

But when you come and I am filled with wonder,

Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up To more than I can be.

Oh Paula..you made me all teary eyed! We will always be here for you...Stay strong, you are such a wonderful person. ><'

Ok Paula now I am crying and I just got ready for work, makeup and all. This song has had a very special place in my heart since my mom's untimely death 5 years ago. I have shouted it to the mountaintops when I hear it on the radio. I can just imagine your beautiful voice singing it to me.

Thank you for the beautiful moment!!!

What a beautiful tribute to the good Lord!! (or whomever you may think of when you hear it!!

Well Paula you've done it, I have tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat...and darn it I cannot eat the Lean Cuisine I just heated up!

You have been such a pillar of strength for all us and we feel honored to be there for you. Always!!

I hope this is a turning point to better days!

Luv ya hon!

><' ><' ><' ><' ><' ><' ><' ><' ><' ><'