Drinking water

laura

Hi....I went in for my third fill a few weeks ago....I think I finally met my sweet spot since I've been losing more weight.....Has anyone found that they haven't been able to drink as much fluids as before they reached their sweet spot? I'm not drinkng as much as before...Thanks for your input...Laura

I'm also wondering about drinking enough. What type of liquid counts between meals? I've been warned not to graze, and I'm trying to find more creative ways to get more liquids in. So what counts a liquids between meals, but doesn't count as grazing?

I could have more of those yummy popcicles. That would help with a little more water. Does drinking full liquids count for "more water"?

You shouldn't have any restriction for water, if you are having trouble drinking water, your fill may be too tight.

Rid... you can drink water all day. I think the grazing comes in after you are able to eat - but now you need to keep hydrated, be it popsicles, water, diluted juice, clear broth, etc - keep hydrated. I drank in sips all day long after surgery.

I have a hard time drinking plain water - i know its the best but ugh - i'm lucky to get in 2 8oz bottles - BUT if i add those newish crystal lite mix in packs - well i'm drinking 8 easy now - sure it's fakey sugar but it's the best i can do. i also just tasted tang sugar free and it is the best thing I ve ever had. if you are on liquid diet after surgery i loved v8 juice - very filling - and ramen noodle juice (w/out noodles of course, bummer) and thinned out tomatoe soup were all very filling - hated broth .

You shouldn't have any restriction for water, if you are having trouble drinking water, your fill may be too tight.

Rid... you can drink water all day. I think the grazing comes in after you are able to eat - but now you need to keep hydrated, be it popsicles, water, diluted juice, clear broth, etc - keep hydrated. I drank in sips all day long after surgery.

Lori.....Thanks for the reply....I also use the tea packets added to water....I don't have trouble drinking...its just I don't feel like drinking as much...maybe the fill might be too much....I'll wait awhile and see...I know I can't eat nearly as much..which is good...I do use liquid vitamins to help....Laura

I have a hard time drinking plain water - i know its the best but ugh - i'm lucky to get in 2 8oz bottles - BUT if i add those newish crystal lite mix in packs - well i'm drinking 8 easy now - sure it's fakey sugar but it's the best i can do. i also just tasted tang sugar free and it is the best thing I ve ever had. if you are on liquid diet after surgery i loved v8 juice - very filling - and ramen noodle juice (w/out noodles of course, bummer) and thinned out tomatoe soup were all very filling - hated broth .

Mary...I use the tea packets too....most the time easier then plain water unless you are really, really thristy...I'll have to try the tang....If you like ruby red grapefruit....Crystal Light Sunrise...Ruby red is really good....their orange is OK...but Ruby Red is really good....Thanks for the info....Laura

Hi....I went in for my third fill a few weeks ago....I think I finally met my sweet spot since I've been losing more weight.....Has anyone found that they haven't been able to drink as much fluids as before they reached their sweet spot? I'm not drinkng as much as before...Thanks for your input...Laura

Hey Laura, I am getting banded on Sept 22nd and I was just wondering <_< you say that you just had you 3rd fill?? when were you banded? I live in Va. and will be traveling to Tequana so the trip will be long to say the least. just curious :rolleyes: dixie darlin

Hey Laura, I am getting banded on Sept 22nd and I was just wondering <_< you say that you just had you 3rd fill?? when were you banded? I live in Va. and will be traveling to Tequana so the trip will be long to say the least. just curious :rolleyes: dixie darlin

Hi Dixie Darlin.....I was banded March 24th....I could have had my third fill earlier but I wanted to wait till my kids went back to school cause I wanted to travel and do things with them...Since then I've lost more weight then the other fills.....I've lost about 35 pounds so far...I really haven't been as strict as I should have or I would have lost more...also I live in the Fort Worth, TX area and its just to hot to even think about exercising. I do feel alot better then before and I have a lot more energy and my clothes are looser....Just for your info...it really took a full 3 weeks to start to feel like myself again afterwards..I was banded by a Dr here....there is really not a support group with that doctor so I started looking on the net and found this one...it seems good.....Are you going to the Dr. everyone here is talking about? Hope things go well with you....let me know how it goes.....Laura

If you like the flavor of mint, I would suggest MetroMint water. It's SOOOO GOOD. No fake sugars or calories - just mint and water.

I drink a lot of iced tea - green or herbal or decaf. Sometimes I mix the crystal light lemonade with the iced tea and its an "Arnold Palmer" that way you are getting only 1/2 of the fakey sugar stuff.

I also just brew tea for iced tea and then put in a "supplement" called Stevia (you can get it GNC or Trader Joe's). Its all natural, its a root. It is so sweet and yummy, but the fake sugars in the U.S. have such a stronghold on the FDA that they will only allow it to be sold as a supplement, not a sweetener. It has no side effects, and tastes great! They use it in other countries, canada even sells soda sweetened with it. Its also safe for all us IBS sufferers those fake sweeteners can give us problems!

I drink a lot of iced tea - green or herbal or decaf. Sometimes I mix the crystal light lemonade with the iced tea and its an "Arnold Palmer" that way you are getting only 1/2 of the fakey sugar stuff.

I also just brew tea for iced tea and then put in a "supplement" called Stevia (you can get it GNC or Trader Joe's). Its all natural, its a root. It is so sweet and yummy, but the fake sugars in the U.S. have such a stronghold on the FDA that they will only allow it to be sold as a supplement, not a sweetener. It has no side effects, and tastes great! They use it in other countries, canada even sells soda sweetened with it. Its also safe for all us IBS sufferers those fake sweeteners can give us problems!

Ohhh, really???? *writes down* I'll have to check at Trader Joe's and see if they have it.

Ohhh, really???? *writes down* I'll have to check at Trader Joe's and see if they have it.

Thanks for the info...I'll have to try both...where do you get Metro Mint Water?....I'll look for stevia at GNC...I love Trader Joes but there are none in the DFW area, wish there was...Thanks Laura

Thanks for the info...I'll have to try both...where do you get Metro Mint Water?....I'll look for stevia at GNC...I love Trader Joes but there are none in the DFW area, wish there was...Thanks Laura

I get mine at Whole Foods. You can also buy directly from their website, which I'm pretty sure is just www.metromint.com

Yes, it's a little pricey, but well worth it. I bought a case and drank one bottle of it a day as a treat.