Aug 31 Bandsters, post here!

I know there are 5 others banded on the 31st so please guys, post here!

I was so so frightened the night before surgery. I woke up in a massive panic attack completely questionig the decision. But it was just nerves doing the thinking. The next morning when I met up withthe others I felt better. I still was a little worried, but the staff at OCC are amazing and warm and kind. The surgery was a snap and I was up and walking right away, I slept so good that night. The fact that they ask you to stay a night there is a GOOD thing! You get more nourishment with the IV fluids and someone is right there if you need anything.

So, after 2 days I'm feeling really good - just sleepy. I have a couple of questions.

1)My husband noted that some of my liquids weren't technically clear - like beef broth and I bought a drink that iIthought was clear but iht was opaque (I only had a few oz). It's ok, right?

2) Do you guys feel sort of a burpy sensation but nothing comes to the surface. I get it whether I've been eating or not. Like a gas rising in my chest -- and I have to take a breath to make it pass - but no burp payoff? sound right?

3) Sticky surgical glue removal and/or iodine removal ideas? Not that I'm hanging out in a bikini, but my shirt sticks to me.

So far I can sip about 1/2 cup of liquid, a little more and I feel that tightness. I am hungry but not ravenous. My stomach has been growling most of the day. I guess this is all normal. I can't belive it's done! I'm so glad I took this step!

Claire,

Congrats, I fly to Tiajauna from Denver on Wednesday, surgery on the 7th. I know I am a week behind, so our first fill might not coincide, but there after it might. Do you plan to get them done in TJ or in CO?

If in CO who do you have lined up to do them?

Tom

Hey "ClaireinCo"!!

I just got back home today - stayed an extra night cause DH wanted to shop.

I also liked the OCC doctors and staff. I was amazed to see how soon you were up and about after surgery . . almost immediately, huh? It took me a while to get up and walk. I am feeling pretty good except for a little pain in my port incision and a little gas (same "needing to burp" feeling that you have).

I had the broth from veggie soup I bought at Paradise Bakery at the airport today. If I remember correctly, we are allowed to eat beef/chicken/veggie broths. I am also drinking a lot of Crystal Light, watered down apple juice and water (sipping all day).

I am very excited to start my lapband journey and hope that all of the August 31st bandsters can keep in touch and share our progress.

Take care. B)

This is my first post. I was there with you guys on 8/31 in TJ. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Ortiz and his staff. The experience could not have been better. Glad to hear everybody is doing well. My DH and I were home Friday night. I have felt fine - drinking plenty of liquids. No real pain or discomfort. Doing all my normal activities. Are you going for a fill in six or eight weeks?

Hey 31sters! I'm glad you guys are feeling good. I'm doing the broth and juice. Dr. Miranda said I could transition to full liquids as soon as Day 4 - which sounds great. But as I sit here I'm full on juice, so maybe I'm not ready yet. Broth is starting to gross me out some.

I'm still on the fence with going back for fills. A fill here is 350$. A ticket to San Diego is about $275 plus all the extras. I'd rather go back for my first fill just to make sure everything is ok. I know to get the cheap ticket I'll need to decide at least 3 weeks before. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm hoping tp milk this initial restriction as long as possible.

Mferra, I was so spooked about the awful shoulder pains. People talk about how excrutiating it is - and everything I read said to walkwalkwalk as soon as you could. My first walk I was totally an incoherent vegetable!

I've been pretty sleepy but still able to do stuff. But after like 5 hours awake, I want a nap.

Tombourn, you should join the Co. Bandsters group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/coloradobandsters/

The most recc. fill doc is Dr. Allen in Denver, but his rates just went up to 350$

Check those boards for more names. And good luck to you!!