Get this cookbook!

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share something I've discovered in my local bookstore (a Borders):

http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Well-After-We...6958&sr=8-1

It's a cookbook called "Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery," by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. The author was a foodie (like me) who got really fat (like me) and had the lap band in 2003, to great results. But like me, she didn't want to go through life eating substandard food (let's face it, I like to eat, I like to cook, and I like to use high-quality ingredients!), so she developed her own cookbook specifically for people who've had lap-band implants!

Last night, I made a lasagna using zucchini slices instead of pasta, Italian chicken sausage, spinach, mushrooms, and cheese... and it was fantastic. My partner and our guests really loved it, and I put my portion in the food processor (I'm still on Phase 2 diet) and it was flavorful and wonderful even there! All of the recipes have been designed to be appealing and tasty even when pureed!

Highly recommended!

Hey folks,

Just wanted to share something I've discovered in my local bookstore (a Borders):

http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Well-After-We...6958&sr=8-1

It's a cookbook called "Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery," by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray. The author was a foodie (like me) who got really fat (like me) and had the lap band in 2003, to great results. But like me, she didn't want to go through life eating substandard food (let's face it, I like to eat, I like to cook, and I like to use high-quality ingredients!), so she developed her own cookbook specifically for people who've had lap-band implants!

Last night, I made a lasagna using zucchini slices instead of pasta, Italian chicken sausage, spinach, mushrooms, and cheese... and it was fantastic. My partner and our guests really loved it, and I put my portion in the food processor (I'm still on Phase 2 diet) and it was flavorful and wonderful even there! All of the recipes have been designed to be appealing and tasty even when pureed!

Highly recommended!

I have it, isn't it great!!! I also have another one, but cannot recall the name of it right now..but I will get it this evening and let you know.

I have Recipes for Life after LB Surgery, but not this one. I will have to try it!

Thannks for the tip Bragman. I just bought the book. I'm at Lucerna tonight getting ready for bed because I am having surgery tomorrow morning. Thank again for the tip. Let the tips keep on coming everyone!!

Elaina :D

Thannks for the tip Bragman. I just bought the book. I'm at Lucerna tonight getting ready for bed because I am having surgery tomorrow morning. Thank again for the tip. Let the tips keep on coming everyone!!

Elaina :D

Best of luck to you Elaina. I got banded at the OCC on June 10th/08, and I also stayed at the Lucerna.

Whatever you do, don't leave anything valuable in your room there. I had some things taken from my room when I left to go to supper on my first night back there, but a part from that, it was a nice place to stay.

Also, there's a waiter at one of the on-site Lucerna Restaurants(his name is Pedro) and he's wonderful to talk to. He's been banded for about 12 years now (also at the OCC) and he's got lots of great advice for the "newly banded."

Talk to you later.

- 1jmk (Janet).