magnesium citrate?

Hahaha. I use to drink that stuff all the time to try to lose some weight...... My husband would always tell me I had a problem because I was really addicted to those things... He would say I wasn't anorexic he said I was ANAL-rexic....LMAO!

YES please be close to the bathroom.. I don’t see where they would hurt our band because its liquid and going straight threw our band into the big stomach...

Hey, is that the stuff that is very salty? The stuff that makes you want to gag? Sometimes I feel like I want to have a good cleaning out, but then I remember the stuff I had to drink prior to my hysterectomy....wow, just the thought makes me want to gag. Please tell me this is something different.

bj

I am sitting here waiting for some kind of MOVEMENT! Nothing yet....3 hours and counting. I will let you guys know.

Don't you love how we can share "crap"like this!

Hope everything comes out OK... ;)

Why the colonoscopy if I may ask? Is this just routine? I thought you were way too young to be doing this.

I drank the whole bottle as the directions. And I have been having bathroom issues for years. I am either constipated or the other way. It is always the extreme of either end. However, since surgery I have stayed constipated. I am hoping to get some help or find out what the cause is. All of my siblings have the same kind of issues and 2 of them are on meds for it. So now I am adding another hour to the ticker and no movement.

This is somethnig I am suppose to take before a colonosicpy. It is supose to clean me out before the procedure. Is it safe for me to take? Have any of you taken it?

Hey, where do you get Magnesium Citrate? Your symptoms sound like the same as mine. Diverticulitis runs in my family and we have either the rhea's or the consto's just like you were saying. Since I started the pre op diet, I am definetly not moving very much. And I take the fiber pills that Dr. Miranda said to take. So this stuff your talking about sounds awesome. But I wasn't sure if it's by prescription only or over the counter.

Jessica

Jessica you can get it just about anywhere they sell laxatives.. Its in a green bottle usually on the very bottom of the shelf....

Thanks. I am going to try it out. So I will be right there with ya, when it comes to staying close to the bathroom. Hope it all comes out well for you! :D

Jessica

I drank the whole bottle as the directions. And I have been having bathroom issues for years. I am either constipated or the other way. It is always the extreme of either end. However, since surgery I have stayed constipated. I am hoping to get some help or find out what the cause is. All of my siblings have the same kind of issues and 2 of them are on meds for it. So now I am adding another hour to the ticker and no movement.

I took it prior to surgery, my surgeon requires it. It took almost 6 hours before things started to 'happen'. But boy, when it did - it did.

They have a cherry flavoured one that wasn't too terrible. I have had the lemon lime one before and I can say the cherry one was MUCH better.

Was it like a gallon worth of liquid? When I had mine, I had to take it over several hours and each time I had to sit again. But believe me, it ALL came out! Do not leave the bathroom once it starts. Get a book and stay seated.

Will it clean out all the old crap? Will it make me less Crapstatic? LOL!! Had to say it!!

To be brutally honest, when I do go, I don't think it's enough and a good cleansing might be a good thing!!

I don't think it is truly a colon cleanser, but I did feel really light afterward. I lost 1.5 pounds from one day to the next when I did it, but a lot of that may be fluids because it is really strong... I think my problem is not getting enough fiber. I focus on my protein and very rarely even get to the veg and never to the bread... I am going to try and start eating some fiber soon though. For instance today, I met my protein requirements and didn't come anywhere near meeting carb and fat requirements...

I don't think it is truly a colon cleanser, but I did feel really light afterward. I lost 1.5 pounds from one day to the next when I did it, but a lot of that may be fluids because it is really strong... I think my problem is not getting enough fiber. I focus on my protein and very rarely even get to the veg and never to the bread... I am going to try and start eating some fiber soon though. For instance today, I met my protein requirements and didn't come anywhere near meeting carb and fat requirements...

I totally agree, I am focusing on protein alot too and know for a fact that I am not getting enough ruffage...I have a fiber supplement, I will try that!!