What to expect from start to finish in TJ

And Kev..

Forget those disposable thongs....I did not even try to put those on...

Tom - thanks will do. I presume your are speaking of footwear and not some other risque get-up. Sounds like comfort is key - Can you go back to a belted pant or shorts the next day? Or is it best to stay free any easy so to speak until you get home - reffering to wearing loose boxer shorts. and relaxed fit clothing (sweats, etc,)?

I can guess your reply but asking anyway as I am not so comfortable in sweats even less with the whole gown thing.

Thanks for all the good advice!

Kevin

Kevin,

For me, I wore sweats the whole time. I wanted something loose around the stomach, partly just for comfort in traveling, but also in bed and stuff. And I wore T-shirts. I really didn't have a problem with my clothes at all, except for maybe the bra, but that wouldn't bother you. I was a little sensitive, but it really felt to me that I had done a lots (and I mean a lot) of crunches. I had no general pain, just soreness when I moved. It was a little hard to sit up (I twisted to one side), or to role over, but you manage pretty well. When I held still, there was no pain for me. I never took the medicine they gave me when I left the clinic, and I never took any Tylenol either. For me, the worst part was the gas pains. I did really well at the clinic and in the hotel, I kept walking. But the day I traveled home, they got me. I was really working at drinking a lot, but I wasn't moving much. So I would recommend walking quite a bit before and after your flight, or during a layover, and maybe watching what you drink on the plane. Once I got home, I walked up and down my street (it's short), maybe twice, and I felt great again (after some LOUD belches!!) Clothes really were not an issue though, and I really stressed about that before surgery. Just bring something you are comfortable in and can sleep in. You might want to nap.

Good luck, I'll be thinking about you.

Becki

Becki - Thank you for the kind words and the great account and advice. Thankfully we live a couple hours north of the border of Mexico. So its a short trip down and back luckily. As yu suggest I will drink H2O and get the walking in. I already have a small book I'd like to get through and my ipod is loaded.

This last week I picked up a new therapeutic pillow from my local pharmacy slash drug store. It has micro fiber exterior and small beads and is shaped to support your neck in a

:lol:

THAT'S ME, I WAS ON CLOUD NINE JUMPING OFF THE WALLS I WAS SO HYPER BEFORE SURGERY. LOL, "HELLOOOOO SOMEONE BETTER COME GET ME NEXT OR I'M LEAVING FOR A BEER AND A SMOKE" "GET TO YOUR ROOM PAM" "NO, I'M BORED IN THERE" AND OFF TO SANDY'S ROOM THEN BACK TO MINE LOL I WAS ALL OVER. (STILL NO SMOKES SINCE AUG 13)

THEY PUT SOMETHING IN MY MOUTH AND 2 SECONDS LATER I WAS OUT LIKE A LIGHT. I WAKE UP RIGHT AFTER SURGERY AND I WALKED OUT TO THE LOBBY, WITH A NURSE, TO MEET A GAL THAT HAD JUST ARRIVED FOR SURGERY THE NEXT DAY THAT I'D TALKED TO ON LINE. DID A LITTLE JIG AND BACK TO MY ROOM, FOR 10 SECONDS LOL SEE......... PIECE OF CAKE :)

I'LL TAKE A FEW MORE PICTURES THIS WEEK AS WE'RE GOING BACK FOR OUR FIRST FILL "WE'RE BACKKKK, BE PREPARED" LOL WE HAD SO MUCH FUN, I'D NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD AND BOY DID THAT HURT LIKE HELL LOL

PS I'D NEVER HAD SURGERY BEFORE THIS EITHER :)

:lol: thnak you for posting back - you are TOO FUNNY --i will buzzing all over the place then if they let me I love to talk to others----LOL can't wait ot see more pics --surgery 10/17 I will bring my camera and post pictues also -what a great idea - it was neat seeing what the place looks like and the fact that YOU ALL LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE HAVING A BLAST!!!!! ;)B)

Kevin,

I wore my jeans immediately when I got home. I was completely fine. Whatever was the most comfortable before, will still be. My incisions could not possibly have come close to my pants. So belts, whatever works for you would be fine. The incisions really are in a great place, far enough above your pants and belly button, but below anything else.

Becki

Kevin,

I wore my jeans immediately when I got home. I was completely fine. Whatever was the most comfortable before, will still be. My incisions could not possibly have come close to my pants. So belts, whatever works for you would be fine. The incisions really are in a great place, far enough above your pants and belly button, but below anything else.

Becki

Becki, That is good news. I have to regularly wear a dress pant, shirt, tie, etc.. It will be nice to be able to again so soon after surgery....while I can. Then they will take a trip of their own to the Salvation Army Store. Soon very soon!

Thanks again! Kevin

Pammie

thanks for sharing the pictures! wonderful --I was just wondering in the picture of one of you in the operating room lying on the table it shows possible a tube out of your mouth or Sandys? is that what i am seeing or is it something else? I was just wondering cause besides babies I have never had anything major done and my surgery is now 2 weeks fro tommorow and I am VERY NERVOUS :blink::unsure: I was thinking they just make you happy and put you to sleep and then you wake up a few hours later?

WE JUST GOT BACK IN, AND HAD A WONDERFUL TIME AGAIN AT THE OCC. I JUST ADDED A FEW MORE PICTURES FROM THIS MORNING FIRST FILL. THAT NEEDLE IS VERY INTIMIDATING!!!

http://www.webshots.com/homepage.html

JUST USE MY USER NAME, NELSENETC, AND THE PASSWORD IS ORTIZ EVERYTHINGS IN CAPS IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. THEN CLICK ON "MY SHOTS", THEN "ALBUM".