Some new ideas for a 1,200 calorie diet

Found this on the bariatric eating website that I got the jello recipie from, this sounds like more of a bypass type diet but I think anything that offers healthy diet plan and protein rich is worth at least reading!! I eat in a similar way, 3 meals and 1-2 snacks and I eat pretty much the same few things each day! I also liked that it has links in the article to various protein products that maybe we haven't heard of or tried before!

Our basic plan is to have three meals a day... plus two small supplements... Its called Bariatric Eating! Make it a habit for LIFE. Some of us need to lose ten pounds others 100 pounds. COME ON everyone... you know you want to lose at least FIVE pounds. Instead of being complacent, instead of taking what life gives you... LETS GET UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Step on that scale now...early on the scale is our enemy, later on it is our best friend and motivator!

In order to fuel your body for fat burning... you need to eat a healthy protein breakfast. Planning ahead gives us one less thing to have to figure out. Eat the same thing every morning for this week.

This is a key to success... if you have set meals that you always make, you don't have to make the good choices off the top of your head. For example, if I know that every morning will be a yogurt with Kay's Apple Cinnamon Protein Cereal blended in and I have 7 cartons of Dannon Light and Fit in the fridge... there is NO room for straying.

This is how we do it.

Breakfast...250 calories and 15-20 grams protein...choose one and do it everyday this coming week!

[/size][/font]

Mid morning protein supplement... a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost

Lunch...300-350 calories and 15-20 grams of protein consisting of food you prepare for and take to the office. Don't leave what you eat at your desk to chance. PLAN YOUR LUNCH. You'll burn more calories digesting your midday meal because protein is more difficult to break down than carbohydrates or fat and it will stay with you longer into your day.

• Roast deli turkey rolled up. Use a little salsa or ranch for dipping sauce, or roll up with hummus or whole grain mustard, or wasabi mustard. (MAYO is 100 calories per TEASPOON as are all fats, so measure and use as little as possible or substitute mustard or salsa-based moistening agents)
  • 1/2 cup tuna salad or ricotta or cottage cheese on top of a slice of tomato
  • Shredded salmon or deli meat blended with shredded lettuce, baby tomatoes, and lower fat dressing
  • NO crackers, no rolls, no chips, no tortillas, no low carb wraps
  • Lunch Vitamins: 1 Bariatric Advantage B-12 plus 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge with food

Mid-afternoon protein supplement...a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost

Supper...a target of 300-400 calories and 20 grams of protein consisting of lean protein and a small salad or lower carb vegetable.

Make this a standard meal comprised of grilled, pan sauteed, or baked protein such as fish, chicken, or egg... with different bottled sauces or jar salsas to moisten and a small salad.

• Pan sauteed shrimp, with a little bottled salsa to moisten
  • Grilled or pan sauteed turkey burger
  • Baked salmon
  • Broiled tilapia filet
  • Two egg omelet - saute a few mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, onion, and add cheese
  • All protein served with a tossed chopped salad of romaine lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, cucumber cubes, and tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic... toss in a big bowl to coat entire salad. If you make a bigger salad, use 3 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar... be sure to season with salt and pepper!) You can use different salad ingredients for variety... sliced olives, cubed cukes, sliced grape tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts. Sometimes, I just have sliced grape tomatoes and red onion... or tomato and avocado and spoon it on to pan sauteed shrimp with salt and pepper... easy and fast.
  • Supper Vitamins: 1 Bariatric Advantage Chewable Multi Formula plus 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge with food

No bread, no potato, no rice, no pasta, no tortilla, no wraps, no low carb bread, no crackers.

If you are an evening snacker as I am... use either your mid morning or mid afternoon supplement as an 8-9pm supplement so you will not mindlessly snack. Give yourself permission to have one of the 100 calorie supplement foods listed as a planned eating event.

Bedtime: 1 Bariatric Advantage Passion Fruit Chewable Iron

Well this is nice, and it is exactly what I am eating now! But it is nice to see that what I have chosen is a good idea!

Protein drink for breakfast

cheese stick for snack

tuna for lunch

cheese stick for snack

turkey burger and veggies for supper

Once in a while, I throw some fruit in there.

Well this is nice, and it is exactly what I am eating now! But it is nice to see that what I have chosen is a good idea!

Protein drink for breakfast

cheese stick for snack

tuna for lunch

cheese stick for snack

turkey burger and veggies for supper

Once in a while, I throw some fruit in there.

Way to go Mona!!

Thanks, it looks like what I need to do, I have been giving myself too many choices because it is easier to eat what my husband eats and too expencive to feed him what I need...he is a huge eater and doesn't gain.

My hubby is the same way, I now watch him eat in amazement... his bites are huge and he shovels in the food! I guess in the past I was so busy shoveling in the food myself that I never noticed how he eats, now I am putting down the fork and taking my time I can't believe he isn't 300lbs (he's 200lbs but 6'4 so pretty thin as well)

Found this on the bariatric eating website that I got the jello recipie from, this sounds like more of a bypass type diet but I think anything that offers healthy diet plan and protein rich is worth at least reading!! I eat in a similar way, 3 meals and 1-2 snacks and I eat pretty much the same few things each day! I also liked that it has links in the article to various protein products that maybe we haven't heard of or tried before!

Our basic plan is to have three meals a day... plus two small supplements... Its called Bariatric Eating! Make it a habit for LIFE. Some of us need to lose ten pounds others 100 pounds. COME ON everyone... you know you want to lose at least FIVE pounds. Instead of being complacent, instead of taking what life gives you... LETS GET UP AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Step on that scale now...early on the scale is our enemy, later on it is our best friend and motivator!

In order to fuel your body for fat burning... you need to eat a healthy protein breakfast. Planning ahead gives us one less thing to have to figure out. Eat the same thing every morning for this week.

This is a key to success... if you have set meals that you always make, you don't have to make the good choices off the top of your head. For example, if I know that every morning will be a yogurt with Kay's Apple Cinnamon Protein Cereal blended in and I have 7 cartons of Dannon Light and Fit in the fridge... there is NO room for straying.

This is how we do it.

Breakfast...250 calories and 15-20 grams protein...choose one and do it everyday this coming week!

[/size][/font]

Mid morning protein supplement... a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost

Lunch...300-350 calories and 15-20 grams of protein consisting of food you prepare for and take to the office. Don't leave what you eat at your desk to chance. PLAN YOUR LUNCH. You'll burn more calories digesting your midday meal because protein is more difficult to break down than carbohydrates or fat and it will stay with you longer into your day.

• Roast deli turkey rolled up. Use a little salsa or ranch for dipping sauce, or roll up with hummus or whole grain mustard, or wasabi mustard. (MAYO is 100 calories per TEASPOON as are all fats, so measure and use as little as possible or substitute mustard or salsa-based moistening agents)
  • 1/2 cup tuna salad or ricotta or cottage cheese on top of a slice of tomato
  • Shredded salmon or deli meat blended with shredded lettuce, baby tomatoes, and lower fat dressing
  • NO crackers, no rolls, no chips, no tortillas, no low carb wraps
  • Lunch Vitamins: 1 Bariatric Advantage B-12 plus 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge with food

Mid-afternoon protein supplement...a 100 calorie, 15-20 gram protein boost

Supper...a target of 300-400 calories and 20 grams of protein consisting of lean protein and a small salad or lower carb vegetable.

Make this a standard meal comprised of grilled, pan sauteed, or baked protein such as fish, chicken, or egg... with different bottled sauces or jar salsas to moisten and a small salad.

• Pan sauteed shrimp, with a little bottled salsa to moisten
  • Grilled or pan sauteed turkey burger
  • Baked salmon
  • Broiled tilapia filet
  • Two egg omelet - saute a few mushrooms, red peppers, spinach, onion, and add cheese
  • All protein served with a tossed chopped salad of romaine lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, cucumber cubes, and tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon balsamic... toss in a big bowl to coat entire salad. If you make a bigger salad, use 3 tablespoons oil and 1 tablespoon vinegar... be sure to season with salt and pepper!) You can use different salad ingredients for variety... sliced olives, cubed cukes, sliced grape tomatoes, chopped artichoke hearts. Sometimes, I just have sliced grape tomatoes and red onion... or tomato and avocado and spoon it on to pan sauteed shrimp with salt and pepper... easy and fast.
  • Supper Vitamins: 1 Bariatric Advantage Chewable Multi Formula plus 1 Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Lozenge with food

No bread, no potato, no rice, no pasta, no tortilla, no wraps, no low carb bread, no crackers.

If you are an evening snacker as I am... use either your mid morning or mid afternoon supplement as an 8-9pm supplement so you will not mindlessly snack. Give yourself permission to have one of the 100 calorie supplement foods listed as a planned eating event.

Bedtime: 1 Bariatric Advantage Passion Fruit Chewable Iron

As always, great information!

"Step on that scale now...early on the scale is our enemy, later on it is our best friend and motivator!"

Hey Michele, what did you mean by this. I don't get it and I read it over like 10 times. It's just going right over my head.

Jessica

Those were words from the article not mine, I am guessing that at our heaviest we all dread getting on the scale seeing those high numbers makes us depressed, mad, whatever. Once we are banded seeing the numbers drop makes us look forward to getting on it each day and motivates us to keep making the right choices so we keep on losing!