I had my first fill today!!

Hi everyone, I had my first fill today.

I learned alot about my band today too. Apparently my surgeon uses two sizes of bands 9cc and 12cc. I have the 9cc. During surgery they actually put 3cc of fluid into my band. I got 1cc today, so I have a total of 4cc in my 9cc band.

My surgeon does not use fluroscopy unless he cannot find the port. Today, he felt around, located it, marked my tummy and when he puts the needle in, he actually extracts the existing fluid to check how much is there before injecting the fill. I guess that's one of way of confirming the needle is in the port.

I am on mushy foods for 2-3 days and then ease into solids. I have another appointment in a month for check on this fill and another if needed.

So we'll see how things go!!!

Hooray for YOU! I know you were a little concerned, and I am so glad this first fill is past... the rest will be mentally effortless. I will be anxious to see how you are doing after you are off the mushies.

Big hugs! I am doing the happy dance for you! :dance2:

Hi everyone, I had my first fill today.

I learned alot about my band today too. Apparently my surgeon uses two sizes of bands 9cc and 12cc. I have the 9cc. During surgery they actually put 3cc of fluid into my band. I got 1cc today, so I have a total of 4cc in my 9cc band.

My surgeon does not use fluroscopy unless he cannot find the port. Today, he felt around, located it, marked my tummy and when he puts the needle in, he actually extracts the existing fluid to check how much is there before injecting the fill. I guess that's one of way of confirming the needle is in the port.

I am on mushy foods for 2-3 days and then ease into solids. I have another appointment in a month for check on this fill and another if needed.

So we'll see how things go!!!

Cathy, I am glad things went well for you. And I hope the coming days go well too. How much do you have to pay for fills there in canada? Or is your fills included with the cost of the surgery?

Jessica

Sorry -- I'm confused, I thought you were on mushy foods for three day?

lasagna and fibrous green beans are mushy? We're they pureed?

Thanks,

:)

Cathy, I am glad things went well for you. And I hope the coming days go well too. How much do you have to pay for fills there in canada? Or is your fills included with the cost of the surgery?

Jessica

Hi Jessica,

The cost here in Canada is 15K. I am happy with my decision to have it here. Although the cost is more than OCC, I am only a 1 hr drive from the clinic, my surgeon is the person I see for follow up and fills. I have a nutritionist at my beck and call (via email) and all my follow up visits and fills for the next five years are included. My husband would never agree to my having surgery out of province, so the OCC was not an option. We compromised and I had it here.

For U.S. residents, I think the OCC is your best choice. I have heard wonderful things about it, everyone here banded by them just raves about the care.

We even have several Canadian gals who have gone down to the OCC too. You will be pleasantly surprised!!

Sorry -- I'm confused, I thought you were on mushy foods for three day?

lasagna and fibrous green beans are mushy? We're they pureed?

Thanks,

:)

Yes unforunately, they were!! And unforunately they didn't keep me full for long...I need solids!!!AHHHH!!!

I just had my first fill on Monday, and it went well too! We are on similar schedules, so I like to see the progress you are making.....You are doing great, girl! I'm hoping the fill was what I needed to kickstart my weightloss. I've lost 3 lbs since Monday, so that's a good start!

I can't wait to eat a real meal and see if I have good restriction. I think I do, because even the soups and shakes are filling me up.

Good luck with your progress....keep it up!

Denise