1st fill yesterday

I met AlainaD for a second in the waiting room! TALL, sweet and pretty, I wish I'd done this at her age :-h

They didn't weigh me...is that normal? Too many weight loss programs, I'm conditioned for a weigh in and bp check. :-?

Then we went back, I had all kinds of silly questions...like "how do you manage not to go all the way through the port with such a long needle? (the back is metal).

It hurt a little. On a scale of 1 - 10, it was only a 2.

He filled and unfilled repeatedly to flush out gases in the band. WEIRD sensation. Not pain, just pressure, but nothing like I've ever felt before. Nothing you'd get used to any time soon :blink:

We watched the barium go down. Quickly at first, then slowly filled and it slowly went down, then more saline until it didn't go down and then he withdrew saline until it went down at a rate Dr. So liked.

I stuck around for Zoom whitening :D And then headed back to the airport.

Liquids for three days. I guess I'll know Friday maybe what restriction really feels like ;)

I met AlainaD for a second in the waiting room! TALL, sweet and pretty, I wish I'd done this at her age :-h

They didn't weigh me...is that normal? Too many weight loss programs, I'm conditioned for a weigh in and bp check. :-?

Then we went back, I had all kinds of silly questions...like "how do you manage not to go all the way through the port with such a long needle? (the back is metal).

It hurt a little. On a scale of 1 - 10, it was only a 2.

He filled and unfilled repeatedly to flush out gases in the band. WEIRD sensation. Not pain, just pressure, but nothing like I've ever felt before. Nothing you'd get used to any time soon :blink:

We watched the barium go down. Quickly at first, then slowly filled and it slowly went down, then more saline until it didn't go down and then he withdrew saline until it went down at a rate Dr. So liked.

I stuck around for Zoom whitening :D And then headed back to the airport.

Liquids for three days. I guess I'll know Friday maybe what restriction really feels like ;)

Awesome Phoenix. How do you feel now? Did you go back to tijuana? I am just not sure who Alaina D is? Never heard the name.

Hi there!

Yes, I was back at the OCC. ElainaD was banded yesterday. She's a new member here.

Feeling just fine, a little tender, not much more, thanks for asking.

For the rest of you who have been filled at the OCC, did they weigh you?

Glad you had a good fill...I had my first fill today too..I agree with your pain scale it was about a 2 out of 10. My port site is really tender right now though.

I am on mushies for 2-3 days too...I felt restriction at dinner, but is went fast....I guess when I am back on solids, we'll see if it worked.

So happy your fill went smoothly. Dr. So is so nice, he did mine too. And for the record no they didn't weigh me either. I guess they know we are all scale groupies so there is no need. It's our responsibility once we get the band to make it work for us.

Here's to good restriction for you :yahoo: