OMG I KNOW what stuck feels like!

I went this morning for my first fill. I have the VG band and we talked about how much it holds (he said like 11cc). He started me with 3.5 cc. then added another cc to it. He then had me drink some water to check for restriction. He handed me the water bottle and left the room for a minute. I took a few SIPS of the water and was ok, it felt a bit different, but ok. I took two more SIPS and felt the PAIN. It HURT. My eyes were starting to tear and I wanted to puke or at least burp SO BAD to make it stop, but couldn't. He was only out of the room for MAYBE a minute total, but it was a crucial minute. He opened the door and I only said two words TOO TIGHT. He removed that last cc and I got immediate relief. I sipped a bit more and did fine. Still felt slower, but no pain. So, I think the 3.5 cc will be good for the next few weeks.

I go back on Aug. 21st to get my progress checked and tweak my fill if needed.

I did pretty good with the needle. I did not watch him stick it in, but was ok with seeing it while it was in. He did NOT use fluro, but found my port without it pretty quickly. He did numb the area before he used the filling needle. This doc was really nice. Asked what it cost me to have it done (and commented it could not have been done for that here). I did let him know it was the difference betwen whether I could get it done at all. He stated that most docs don't touch us mexican bansters out of a lack of understanding. He has NO issues with us at all. So...it was a GREAT visit. I am on liquids for today, soft foods only tomorrow, and regular diet on Saturday. I am on my way!

I went this morning for my first fill. I have the VG band and we talked about how much it holds (he said like 11cc). He started me with 3.5 cc. then added another cc to it. He then had me drink some water to check for restriction. He handed me the water bottle and left the room for a minute. I took a few SIPS of the water and was ok, it felt a bit different, but ok. I took two more SIPS and felt the PAIN. It HURT. My eyes were starting to tear and I wanted to puke or at least burp SO BAD to make it stop, but couldn't. He was only out of the room for MAYBE a minute total, but it was a crucial minute. He opened the door and I only said two words TOO TIGHT. He removed that last cc and I got immediate relief. I sipped a bit more and did fine. Still felt slower, but no pain. So, I think the 3.5 cc will be good for the next few weeks.

I go back on Aug. 21st to get my progress checked and tweak my fill if needed.

I did pretty good with the needle. I did not watch him stick it in, but was ok with seeing it while it was in. He did NOT use fluro, but found my port without it pretty quickly. He did numb the area before he used the filling needle. This doc was really nice. Asked what it cost me to have it done (and commented it could not have been done for that here). I did let him know it was the difference betwen whether I could get it done at all. He stated that most docs don't touch us mexican bansters out of a lack of understanding. He has NO issues with us at all. So...it was a GREAT visit. I am on liquids for today, soft foods only tomorrow, and regular diet on Saturday. I am on my way!

Good for you!!!! Glad it didn't hurt and you got the restriction you needed. I have had some of that gulp pain but haven't actually pb's myself yet. Hoping I never do!

I'm so glad your first fill went well. So did mine (on Monday)! I'm not sure what size band I have, but my dr. put in 2 cc's. Best of luck to you on your journey to solids. I started mine today and haven't had any issues so far.

Denise