Fill at OCC Aug 6th...Anyone wanna share the cost?

Hey guys and Gals,

I am going down to OCC on Weds 8/6 for a fill, If I can get someone to share the cost with me it would be greatly appreciated!! Let me know... Claudia said that I could split the cost of the ride from SD airport to OCC with someone.

Thanks,

Lisa :)

I don't know if this is your first time down...

I did the bus from the airport to the trolley, the trolley to the border, walked across, taxi to center, fill (and ZOOM!), taxi back, trolley, bus, plane.

Travel was $15. One day pass for the SD side and $10 in taxis. I didn't feel "unsafe" for a second.

Just an extra piece of information.

Linda

I don't know if this is your first time down...

I did the bus from the airport to the trolley, the trolley to the border, walked across, taxi to center, fill (and ZOOM!), taxi back, trolley, bus, plane.

Travel was $15. One day pass for the SD side and $10 in taxis. I didn't feel "unsafe" for a second.

Just an extra piece of information.

Linda

Thanks, how was the line getting back into the US? Was it long? I think I may do that I just read Doolittles post on how to. I am taking my 16 yo Daughter so we should have fun,.. My Husband is freaking about us going down, but what he doesn't know can't hurt him anddddd I could use the money for shopping.. Ha ha..

It was a Tuesday around 2:30 pm. I was constantly walking for about 15 minutes, in line for about 15 minutes. From the time I exited the taxi until I was on the US side was about 30 minutes.

Nothing to it.

End of the day, it might be a different story.

The OCC has a package deal for your fill and the transportation to and from the airport and then a night or 2 at the hotel if you stay over. Or they just have the transportation plus the fill price. I did it this way and it was a breeze. What I think is so slick with using the OCC is that they get to use the "commercial" lane of traffic and a different line at the immigration station. It goes very quickly as opposed to standing in lines for an unpredictable amount of time. The day I was coming home was a friday afternoon around 1pm and the line to walk through on your own was endless!! I asked Francisco (the OCC driver) if there was any time that was a good time to plan on not being in line so long if you walk and he said it really is just a gamble. He goes back and forth many times every day and he says it's always different. Now yes you can split the cost with someone else who is getting a fill if you can find someone. I found the price to be well worth it just for the ease of the whole thing.