Tough evening

Dontondan

I had a really tough evening last night. My puppy "Arabella" ate a huge rock last evening and we had to run her to the ER to see if they could get it out. Well she didn't vomit it up and was in surgery early this morning to remove the "boulder" that she ate. They did retrieve it and it is about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and very rough and jagged. Good thing we go outside with her to potty her or we wouldn't have known and it would have delayed the inevitable surgery and she could have died! Well she is recuperating now and is expected to make a full recovery, but out bank account is in serious trouble now......$3000! I couldn't have her suffer at all as I was very leary about even getting another puppy after losing my 2 Goldens a year ago last spring, one from Cancer and the other from old age. At least she is okay now. I got so upset and was so "hungry" and wanted to eat anything and everything.....I have such a difficult evening but I persevered and just had a slim-a-bear ice cream bar and it was sooo good (I wanted to demolish the box, but only had one). Without my band it would have been much worse....I probably wouldn't even have made it home without going through a drive through or two! Also I got some money back from my insurance from my surgery that I had put in the bank for an emergency. My band is definitely a blessing in disguise.

Donna

http://a691.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...641c65e4cc1587a

Ohhhh....I'm so sorry for little Arabella! I'm so relieved that you all were outside when it happened. Someone's looking out for her! Most of us treat our pets like part of the family, so I know what you mean about the surgery bill. My little dachshund, Rudy had back surgery a few years ago, and we didn't even question spending the $2000 for that! I'm adding Arabella to my prayer list to get better fast.

Denise

ps...good job on not overeating in an extremely stressful situation! You passed the test with flying colors!

Oh Donna how scary. I am so happy your pup is alright. Those little stinkers!! And yes the band is a blessing is disguise. I can't believe the cost of vet care and how it is so inflated! For some people they can't afford this care and then the animals suffer. You are a good mommie to your baby. Hope she's continues to heal well with no more incidences like this, or even close to this!!

What strength you had to maintain your emotional eating to just 1 goodie. Now that is true strength!!

Reading the reply's just made me all misty....sniff! Yes, she is my baby and well worth the money to care for her. I don't think the money was ever an issue.....I couldn't lose another one of my "golden girls"!

Oh no!! Arabella! Poor baby. So glad you were able to catch it and get it corrected. Expensive yes, but worth every penny. And talk about bank accounts, well, I have none, LOL!!! 9 special needs kitties does not make for a lot of money in my pocket. But, I wouldn't have it any other way. And I know you feel exactly the same! I will keep you both in my prayers. Now, how about posting a picture of our precious Arabella?

I had thought that I had the picture on my first post, but as usual I did it wrong....so here it is, me and Arabella.

http://a691.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/image...65e4cc1587a.jpg

Oh dear, you have been through quite a day. I am so glad Arabella is going to be okay. Our pets are family and are priceless.

You did good, you managed self-control at the worst of times, be proud of yourself.

Take care and I'll say a prayer for your puppy!

Oh Donna! What a though day that must have been. I'm glad Arabella is o.k. and doing better, poor thing!

True ... it is a lot of money - but sooo worth it ;)

(Our doggie had orthopedic surgery about 6 weeks ago and we paid about about the same)

We are all proud of you having such a strenght to stick with only one slim-a-bear ice cream bar =D>