3 meals a day vs. 1200 calories

elainad

Hello All..

Was wondering...I know that once we get on the solid food phase we are to eat 1200 calories and 3 meals a day with no snacks in between. But what if you eat your three meals a day and you are hungry later on and haven't met your 1200 max of calories. Can you eat a snack to make up the difference to make it to 1200 calories? Does that make sense? CAn anyone help?

Thanks...Elaina :D

Hi there, my surgeon advised me that a snack inbetween meal is okay. Like MamaMichelle suggested, get some 100 calories snacks.

I find that I am hungry every 2.5 hrs..and do snack if I need to. Plan your meals to include them and stay under 1200 calories and you will do great!

Thanks for your help!

And congrats on your jean victory. i bet it feels great!

Hi there, my surgeon advised me that a snack inbetween meal is okay. Like MamaMichelle suggested, get some 100 calories snacks.

I find that I am hungry every 2.5 hrs..and do snack if I need to. Plan your meals to include them and stay under 1200 calories and you will do great!

The reason for the "no snacks" rule is that the band stops us from eating too much at one time. If we spread out our eating, we are more likely to overeat because we won't have maxed out the pouch volume with our food.

Now, if you are really truthful with yourself and don't fudge on the 1200 calories, it doesn't really matter when you eat them (except for eating all your protein at once, which doesn't work--another issue entirely). But if we were able to stick to a 1200 calorie diet without the help of the band, we would lose weight too. The problem is that most of us can't do that, which is why we were banded in the first place.

By the way, I snack quite a bit, and I have been fairly successful with the band. I just wanted to point out the reason for the rule and the necessity of being careful not to go over the calorie limit, since the band won't stop us from exceeding it if we snack.

thank you for explaining that. it makes total sense now.

The reason for the "no snacks" rule is that the band stops us from eating too much at one time. If we spread out our eating, we are more likely to overeat because we won't have maxed out the pouch volume with our food.

Now, if you are really truthful with yourself and don't fudge on the 1200 calories, it doesn't really matter when you eat them (except for eating all your protein at once, which doesn't work--another issue entirely). But if we were able to stick to a 1200 calorie diet without the help of the band, we would lose weight too. The problem is that most of us can't do that, which is why we were banded in the first place.

By the way, I snack quite a bit, and I have been fairly successful with the band. I just wanted to point out the reason for the rule and the necessity of being careful not to go over the calorie limit, since the band won't stop us from exceeding it if we snack.