You all are going to HATE me with this question . . .

OK, on day 8 today, it's time to add drinkable yoqurt. BUT . . . .what if I'm not hungry at all? I haven't been hungry except for one morning when I woke up. Here's my fear though . . . I haven't pooped anything but maybe 8 little pebbles. I feel bloated which is probably due to the constipation. LAst night, I took a Correctol and I've been doing Metamucil for 2 days prior to that. Question, If I'm not hungry at all, in fact, the thought of eating is making me sick, should I go ahead and force the yoqurt down my throat? I do know that my body feels a tad weaker today than any other day. But heck, I've lost 13 pounds since the surgery. And I haven't eaten anything except water and soup (and the 5 potatoe chips I liquified and swallowed). I'm also worried that I'm retaining too much water because I'm not drinking enough. I can barely get 16 oz of water in each day! Do you think I have anything to be concerned over and what should my course of action be?

I know that I felt yucky too after my surgery, I didn't poo for 6 days and felt sick to my stomach. I'd say to make sure you poo and get all the fluids you can. The lack of fluids might be why you're not pooing. I'd worry about that before I'd worry about getting yogurt down. I sure hope you feel better soon!! Darlene

I think I'm going to focus on water only today. I need to get this poo out. So water only until I poo and then I'll eat some yogurt. WOrking on water right now. Anyone else think I should focus on getting nourishment. I can defiitely feel my body starting to get shaky, BUT I"M NOT HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to focus on water only today. I need to get this poo out. So water only until I poo and then I'll eat some yogurt. WOrking on water right now. Anyone else think I should focus on getting nourishment. I can defiitely feel my body starting to get shaky, BUT I"M NOT HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether you are hungry or not, you need some nourishment. So, get on the ball and force some gatorade in you. At least 3 bottles worth. (Single serve bottles I mean). You are going to get dehydrated and then start vomitting and that is the last thing you need. So, hungry or not, you MUST drink it. Apple juice would help too! Plain water isn't doing anything for your system. Gatroade and apple juice have vitamins on them and also help with the poop problem.

OK so here goes the nurse in me....you must POOP!! Not going is what is making you feel so bad, really . Also not getting any nourishment adds to that. I suggest as gross as this is for you or someone you love to go buy yourself 2 things...glycerine suppositories and a fleets enema(or whatever generic brand). You need to get the "crap" out and by now the more "passive" things are not working. You also need to drink prune juice, I don't care how nasty you may think it is, just drink it. 3-4 ounces twice a day to start with. You can mix it with apple juice if you have to to make it easier to take. And about the yogurt, force yourself to eat it. A sip at a time but you MUST eat!!! Your body will shut down and you will stop losing weight. Your body is bloated because you are starving it from food and hydration. Think of a picture of the starving kids in India with their little bellies all bloated out...that's what's happening. Not to be harsh here but you need to take care of yourself. I also suggest you call the OCC and talk to Dr. Miranda ...TODAY. She is a nutritionist and will give you the best advice to follow. Once again I hope you follow the above suggestions and get back on track, take care honey!!

OK, just drank a bit of AJ and a VERB - Good Belly (Drinable probiotic+vitamins). I'm off to the store to get some SMOOTH MOVE tea. I forgot about that. It's GREAT SHIT (no pun intended). I definitely do not want to get into trouble so I'm going to do everything in my power to get this stuff out and back on the road to recovery. I can definitely feel the verb trying to squeeze through my band. Interesting. It made it through. I don't think the liquids stay in our pouch, do you? I think they pass right through. It's hard to imageine the feeling until you actually eat something and boy am I TIGHT!

You really do have to force yourself to drink and eat at this phase. I wasn't physically hungry either, but the others are right...you must drink something of substance for your poor, tired body! Feel better soon, and check back with us later to update your progress.

Denise

You really do have to force yourself to drink and eat at this phase. I wasn't physically hungry either, but the others are right...you must drink something of substance for your poor, tired body! Feel better soon, and check back with us later to update your progress.

Denise

Julie is right about the pooping thing. I am not a nurse, but I had an experience a few years ago where I got an ear infection and it was so painful that I didn't eat anything or drink anything for days. I laid around and didn't move either. So, suddenly I realize just as my ear is feeling better that I have not pooped in about 5 days. I noticed this because I felt horrible. Sick and shaky and just plain not right. I am certain that is was do to severe constipation. And if you let it get real bad you will become compacted. This is a really bad experience. I am telling you because I lived it. I will not share the gory details, but suffice it to say that it was painful and humiliating. And it was all started with a simple ear infection. I will never again let myself go that many days without pooping. Getting compacted is really bad and I cannot stress this enough. If I haven't pooped in two days, I go into panic mode and start downing whatever I need to get the flow moving again. I would rather have the "runs" than ever get compacted again. So follow Julies advice and get that poop moving. She is so right about this.

Jessica

My mom worked as a nurse in Emerg for many years. it was common for people to arrive at emergency with vague stomach problems, aches, pains, appendix maybe or an ulcer. The diagnosis was commonly FOS........Full Of Shit! LOL

You need to get things moving or someone in a rubber glove is going to do it for you.