I am sick..

Hey ya'll! We had a super busy weekend with Bella's party and a concert Sunday night ( We saw Def Leppard..LOVED it! LOL)

I have a question for ya'll. Before band life I would have called this a virus and moved on, but now I am worried about my band. Sunday my stomach started cramping really bad and I had no appetite, couldn't hold solids down, and had diarrhea. Yesterday was the same and now today it is actually getting worse. My stomach cramps horribly and I have no appetite and the trips to the bathroom continue. I can hold liquids down fine, but I have no desire to eat.

Do you think this is band related or just a stomach virus?

The one thing that makes me think it is a virus is the diarrhea. I am just worried about my band.

Sounds like a virus to me. Try to keep hydrated. No reason to think anything is wrong with your band. I know what you mean though. I have been having stomach cramps lately, in the pouch area and the first thing I think is "is something wrong with my band'? Unless you did something specific to perhaps injure it you shouldn't worry there's something wrong with the band. Now get well soon!!

I'm sorry you're feeling lousy. It totally sounds like a stomach bug to me. Can you try the BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast) and see if you can eat any of that? You can substitute crackers for toast if you can't get bread down. I really don't think it's band related according to your symptoms, but I'm no doctor!

I hope you feel better soon!

Denise

Oh no Kimmie, sorry to hear you are not feeling well ><'

To me it sounds more like a virus than band related ... keep hydrated and try to get something down that would help with the "runny behind" Hope you feel better soon :lb4:

I personally think it was the Def Leppard music that caused it. You should be back to normal within three days of the concert.

WillT~You always crack me up!

I ate a hot dog and a small piece of cake at Bella's party and then I drank 4 wine coolers. I haven't eaten anything "nasty" like that in months and definetly haven't had any alcohol! I guess I was just scared my poor choices that day made my band mess up.

I already feel better. I let my Mom watch the kids for a few hours and I slept like a baby.

Hey ya'll! We had a super busy weekend with Bella's party and a concert Sunday night ( We saw Def Leppard..LOVED it! LOL)

I have a question for ya'll. Before band life I would have called this a virus and moved on, but now I am worried about my band. Sunday my stomach started cramping really bad and I had no appetite, couldn't hold solids down, and had diarrhea. Yesterday was the same and now today it is actually getting worse. My stomach cramps horribly and I have no appetite and the trips to the bathroom continue. I can hold liquids down fine, but I have no desire to eat.

Do you think this is band related or just a stomach virus?

The one thing that makes me think it is a virus is the diarrhea. I am just worried about my band.

sorry to hear you are not well. I hope you feel better soon.

Kimmy- I have a cold too... I've been hiding out in my bed for the last few days sick as a dog!

I haven't been even slightly hungry and I know I have some swelling around my band because solids are hard to get down for me (and lately I haven't been tight at all) I don't have cramps just rumbles I know I'm not hungry but it could be all the snot draining into my pouch. icon8.gif

Hope you feel better!

Kimmy- I have a cold too... I've been hiding out in my bed for the last few days sick as a dog!

I haven't been even slightly hungry and I know I have some swelling around my band because solids are hard to get down for me (and lately I haven't been tight at all) I don't have cramps just rumbles I know I'm not hungry but it could be all the snot draining into my pouch. icon8.gif

Hope you feel better!

Sorry you're not feeling well either, Michelle! Both of you get some rest and feel better soon. We miss your posts on the forum...nothing like us being selfish, huh!

I haven't left the house all day, but not from being sick....we were riding out Tropical Storm Eduardo! Nothing much....just ALOT of rain!

Feel better!

Denise