Getting Banded tomorrow.....really nervous it won't work for me

Hello to All: I'm new to the forum, just signed in yesterday although I've been watching and reading this for a couple of months. I'm leaving for TJ, Mexico this evening and really nervous to have the surgery tomorrow. I'm not nervous about the pain, but that this is another attempt that wouldn't work. I'm ignoring my bariatric Drs. advice and "bad talk" about lap band surgery and "how he knows one of his patients had it and only lost 15 lbs" and decided that if it worked for so many here on this forum that it MUST do some good. Anyway, here it goes!! :unsure:

Welcome and good luck. If you fallow the rules you will do fine. Take it from me Ive done every diet known and this is what really works. Just do as the doctor tells you. Have you read his book yet? Keep us posted ok.

Hello to All: I'm new to the forum, just signed in yesterday although I've been watching and reading this for a couple of months. I'm leaving for TJ, Mexico this evening and really nervous to have the surgery tomorrow. I'm not nervous about the pain, but that this is another attempt that wouldn't work. I'm ignoring my bariatric Drs. advice and "bad talk" about lap band surgery and "how he knows one of his patients had it and only lost 15 lbs" and decided that if it worked for so many here on this forum that it MUST do some good. Anyway, here it goes!! :unsure:

Not to worry.. I had tried everything and this is what worked for me.. I can't believe any bariatric doctor would advise against it, he/she must not be up on the lapband or they'd be happy for you and supportive.. but I guess that's what we are here for!! Good luck!! You'll do fine... and you won't ever regret it... :) merideth

Welcome! The band will work for you if you work with it. Have a safe trip!!

Not to worry.. I had tried everything and this is what worked for me.. I can't believe any bariatric doctor would advise against it, he/she must not be up on the lapband or they'd be happy for you and supportive.. but I guess that's what we are here for!! Good luck!! You'll do fine... and you won't ever regret it... :) merideth

To Maxiebaby and shrty835: Thanks for your support. This Dr, just wanted me to try their "health clinic's" program....and was very negative about this type of surgery. I'm so glad to have supportive people here on this forum. I'll keep in touch! Laura

LauraLee

:lb9:

I'm glad you went ahead and are being banded besides what the Dr. said. Some of them just don't get it and are uninformed so they really are jus ignorant. Especially if he has a "clinic" program....more $$$$ in his pocket if you go that way.

I'm excited for you impending journey. Try and just relax and enjoy your "mini-vacation". Hopefully you've read some of the the suggestions on what to take and what to expect, it sounds like you have. Don't forget you passport or birth certificate for coming back across the border. Have it in a handy spot to get to easily to save you time and trouble when crossing. Also you actually get out of the van, walk into the building to be checked with your luggage and then walk about 1/2-3/4 block back to get in the van. Pack lightly with 1 small carry on, no need to overpack.

Have a safe and fun journey.

LauraLee

:lb9:

I'm glad you went ahead and are being banded besides what the Dr. said. Some of them just don't get it and are uninformed so they really are jus ignorant. Especially if he has a "clinic" program....more $$$$ in his pocket if you go that way.

I'm excited for you impending journey. Try and just relax and enjoy your "mini-vacation". Hopefully you've read some of the the suggestions on what to take and what to expect, it sounds like you have. Don't forget you passport or birth certificate for coming back across the border. Have it in a handy spot to get to easily to save you time and trouble when crossing. Also you actually get out of the van, walk into the building to be checked with your luggage and then walk about 1/2-3/4 block back to get in the van. Pack lightly with 1 small carry on, no need to overpack.

Have a safe and fun journey.

Thanks for the great advise. Fortunately for me, I am neighbors with TJ and there is no flying traveling issues. You made and interesting point about the Bariatric Drs. program. It makes a lot of sense that he is probably getting a 'kick back' money wise for signing up with the S**p Health Care weight loss program. He also told me that my insurance would probably not pay for any bariatric surgery because 10 years ago I was diagnosed with clinical depression and I am considered a "high risk", even though I have been off meds for about 8 years now....can you believe it? I'm so sick of so many "quacks" who think their patients are going to believe every word they say. **If anything, it gives me determination to MAKE this work!!

thanks for listening (i mean, reading)

Laura