normal after surgery?

HI,

Friday will be day 7 since surgery. I have stuck to the liquid phase for 7 days now. I have been living on broth, tomato soup or broccoli cheese very diluted with broth. I probably had 2 x as much drinkable yogurt on 2 days than recommended.

This morning I was reading over the post-op care. On page 2, it say only 1/2 a cup at a time. I know

I have drank more than 1/2 cup at a time. Also, I take a ton of blood pressure medicine. I have cut them to tiny bits. I crushed them up for the 1st 3 days (yuk). I finished the pain medication on Tuesday night.

So... getting to the point.......

I have this lump growing in my chest. Feels like a knot. It really will not go away. It really is not painful, just different. So now I am freaked out the my band is slipping or pouch stretch from the medication. Or that I already have something stuck like a pill. Anyone else feel this lump after 6 or 7 days post op? Could it be that the pain medication has totally worn off now?

I had the same issue after getting banded. I was crushing up my blood pressure meds too. I finally realized it was my body getting use to the band. Something new in the system and your body will react. It took me a few weeks to adjust, but now it is just a part of me. I hope that this is the problem with you. If you still do not feel like you are getting any better go to the doctors. They can address your problem.

Best of luck.

Bobbi

I had the same issue after getting banded. I was crushing up my blood pressure meds too. I finally realized it was my body getting use to the band. Something new in the system and your body will react. It took me a few weeks to adjust, but now it is just a part of me. I hope that this is the problem with you. If you still do not feel like you are getting any better go to the doctors. They can address your problem.

Best of luck.

Bobbi

I had it too. It seems to have gone away. Every now and then it comes back.

Only 2 1/2 weeks post op.

13 lbs down

C1BandedBabe (Trina) had this problem. Hopefully she will reply to this.