weight gain after 21 day post-op

Hi,

First time in years, my weight is going down, down. I can't believe that every time I get on the scales I have lost a few ounces, if not pounds. However, on the shuttle to get my surgery, a lady told me that most people gain the weight back they lose on 21 liquid phase or at least half of yet. Is this true?

You can't really generalize something like that to include "most people." Everyone is different. Lots of people on here lost after they started solids, before their fill, just on willpower and determination. I was not one of them. I did gain back some weight before I got serious and started getting fills. I just wasn't ready to be serious about losing weight.

I wouldn't fixate on something negative that may or may not happen. You are losing! That is great! Just remember that the time between the 21 days and the first fill is usually really difficult! Even if you do gain, don't worry about it. Once you hit a good fill level and the band is doing what it's meant to, you will lose weight!

I lost 12 lbs during the liquid phase and through sheer willpower only gained back 1-2 lbs before my first fill. After that fill, I lost 3 lbs that week. I'm now in week 2 after my fill and am staying the same so far. I really don't have too much restriction yet, so I'm hoping fill #2 does better for me.

Denise

I think saying half or more is way too high. Most people here gained back a max of 2-3 lbs.

Although the weight loss slowed down I continued to lose! But only a few lbs.