Question about first fill with Dr. Ortiz

I have heard a few other places that in a 4cc band, the first fill is 0.5cc. Is this pretty standard? Does Dr. Ortiz just give a set amount for the first fill or is it individual based on the fluoroscopy? If the first fill is 0.5, are the other fills the same amounts until you get what you need? I understand that the VG Band would have different fills levels, but is the process the same? Just wondering what to expect.

Becki

Becki,

I had my surgery on July 18th and got my first fill on August 20th. I have the VG Band so my first fill was 3.5 cc's. I went on liquids for 3 days after that and then got to eat real food again. I did not feel any restriction but I have tried not to eat too much. Whenever I even start to feel full I push my plate away, even though I know I can eat more. Looking forward to my next fill which will be in 11 days. Continued success with your journey. Take care.

Deb

Becki,

I had my surgery on July 18th and got my first fill on August 20th. I have the VG Band so my first fill was 3.5 cc's. I went on liquids for 3 days after that and then got to eat real food again. I did not feel any restriction but I have tried not to eat too much. Whenever I even start to feel full I push my plate away, even though I know I can eat more. Looking forward to my next fill which will be in 11 days. Continued success with your journey. Take care.

Deb

ANYONE ELSE?

IS ANYONE USING THE OCC FOR FILLS? I'LL CALL TOMORROW AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT

3 of us got a fill on the same day (all had surgery nov 18 first fill mid jan) i got 2.3, one got 1.8 and i got 2.0 - it all depends on how much you can eat as before surgery, how much restriction you still have.when you go in for your fill.