Why I read here?

This forum is the reason I had the nerve to get the band. I never would have crossed the US ( from South Carolina to Calafornia) and than a border without what I read on this forum. I read this forum for so long and kept reading the same great stuff over and over it gave me the knowledge and confidence to make a decision. When I got to the airport I started a check off list in my head and would say things like that's just what they said on the forum. I felt completely aware and never surprised of what would happen next. Everybody there thought I was a fortune teller because of all the knowledge I had stuffed in my head.

Why do I say all this? This forum is a sorce for new people everyday to change there life. On a daily basis I choose to ignore negative people and keep a smile on my face or press ignore. I find that most of those people are really just sad inside and find comfort in hurting others. I would not let those people decide for you to not be on this forum. It is like the drunk uncle that always pinches your butt. Every family has one or sometimes two of those people that show up. Are we not a family because of them? NO .....We are a family despite them. Let them pinch your butt and press ignore. We are here for a larger purpose. To get help for ourselves and support others and inform new comers to have the corage to just do it. The good ole drunk might just give up the ghost and die.(or leave)

Thank you for all you have all done for me. There are some real good hearts out there. Oh ....and I am down 4 more pounds. Yeah.....ME!!!! I feel like the turtle but slow and steady still wins the race.

And I am the snail following behind both of you.

Dawn you said it beautifully what this forum is about. I agree with you and wish for the snide remarks to be gone, but it does take all kinds. We are only stronger if we persevere through the storms of any type. I believe the Lord places challenges on us of all types and flavors to encourage us to be better humans. To push past the negativity and shine through with His light. That's my purpose here and in the world.

Congrats on the 4 pounds :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

in my parenting, i always say (i think it's from dr. phil) that for every nag or criticism you give your kids you need to give them 5 praises. i try to do this with adults too - for every complaint i have about family or church or friends, i try to counter it with at least 5 positive things... not to make others feel great but to create a more positive outlook in my own heart ;)

so if i apply this principle to this forum... for every negative or snide comment, we can float over them with 5 positives. i think we're doin great because i'd say we've got the negatives beat by way more than 5 times!!!

yay for those who encourage and, as julie b. put it, let their light shine!! darkness cannot hide in the light ><'

in my parenting, i always say (i think it's from dr. phil) that for every nag or criticism you give your kids you need to give them 5 praises. i try to do this with adults too - for every complaint i have about family or church or friends, i try to counter it with at least 5 positive things... not to make others feel great but to create a more positive outlook in my own heart ;)

so if i apply this principle to this forum... for every negative or snide comment, we can float over them with 5 positives. i think we're doin great because i'd say we've got the negatives beat by way more than 5 times!!!

><'

Also a great way to look at this. Thanks Dr. Phil and you too Julie for reminding me of this!!

Here’s my take on this and some of you may not want to read, its not all that positive. At times we will have people come on line that unfortunately may have mental problems. How we deal with it determines whether or not it goes away. Unfortunately from my viewpoint we continue to turn it into the Jerry Springer show and personalize it, which is what “they” seem to enjoy and why they may be coming back. If we just did what our forum moderators say we’d do much better. Do not respond to his post and if all possible I recommend we stop talking about it, (He most likely will come back to read) don’t let it affect you and just hit ignore and let the moderators know that “they’re back”. PM to our newbies to just ignore and get on with life. We’re have all different personalities here which is great, we may not at all times like what each other is saying, and can take or leave it, it doesn’t always have to be positive but it shouldn’t be mean – however can we just stop the drama over a poor person that just needs some professional help, that would be great.

Well said, Lisa.

You know I think the best part of this forum is just looking at all the smiling faces on the Avatars and how they have lost weight. So Smiley !!!! Love It !!!!!! :D

Guest CaraMBA09

At times we will have people come on line that unfortunately may have mental problems. How we deal with it determines whether or not it goes away. Unfortunately from my viewpoint we continue to turn it into the Jerry Springer show and personalize it, which is what “they” seem to enjoy and why they may be coming back.

LisaL

this is so true. I have read a few ramblings by people and just figured they are really not all there. some people hide in their weight from the sheer abuse they have received in life from being victimized. Hopefully they can work through it stronger and better able to say 'enough is enough'

Doctors cut out cancer for a reason. Negative, hostile and mean people in your life are no different...CUT them out.

The power of this forum is giving hope to others and learning from each other. I have learned so much in such a short amount of time...and knowledge is empowerment. Try taking that away.

C