BAD Episode Last Night...What Happened?

I'm hoping one or more of you may know what happened last night w/ my band. I've had it on for 3 months and had my 3rd fill (2.4cc) about 10 days ago. I came home and made a salad w/ a chicken patty cut up in pieces. Only took about 3 bites and felt that "stuck" pain. Only this time the pain got worse and worse. After about 1/2 hour, I couldn't even swallow spit and threw up the spit I had swallowed. The pain was incredible and the spit thing went on for about an hour....vomitting only spit. After another 20 minutes, a small bit of the salad came up and a later, a little more.

Overall, this went on for close to 2 hours and my stomach was in knots until I went to bed. This morning I'm just a little sore and plan to be careful and do liquids only.

I've had food stuck before, and have stopped eating, waited and it's gone away in about 10 minutes. I truly felt as if I had a full restriction across my stomach this time and it was HORRIBLE! I guess I expected that if I had a problem, by throwing it up, it would be over. I've never vomitted before so this was totally new to me....

Can anyone help me understand what happened because I think if I had to live w/ that or being fat, I'd choose fat!

Thanks!

Sorry this happened! It is horrible - please make sure to go on liquids for 3 days for healing. Something was stuck and trying to come up and caused the pain and aggravation. Not fun, but make sure you chew really well; you know have a really good fill and you needed to turn your food into liquid before you swallowed!

Take care and hope you feel better today!

Ouch! I know how bad that hurts! I am glad you made it through it. Hopefully it won't happen again. ;)

Salad is definitely one of my caution items. I can't have it alot of the time and if I can manage some I have to chew and chew and chew. There is something about lettuce that really likes to get stuck and it definitely doesn't digest very quickly or easily.