Basic Rules and Maybe a Glossary

I think there should be a section in this forum where you can go and get infomation on basic rules like drinking liquids before and after meals, when you can start creamy soups, when you can eat "real" food, etc.

Also a glossary with terms like: PB and even DH (I didn't know that stood for Dear Husband for the longest time - Duh!).

Anyway just a thought and it's probably been brought up before, but what the heck!

I think there should be a section in this forum where you can go and get infomation on basic rules like drinking liquids before and after meals, when you can start creamy soups, when you can eat "real" food, etc.

Also a glossary with terms like: PB and even DH (I didn't know that stood for Dear Husband for the longest time - Duh!).

Anyway just a thought and it's probably been brought up before, but what the heck!

Hi Suzanna,

What a wonderful idea. I was banded on July 21st and just received Dr. Ortiz's book. Unfortunately, 80% of it was stuff I should have read BEFORE my surgery. But the 20% for post op was nice reading. If nothing else, the stories were inspirational and the "rules" were in black and white AND straight from the horses mouth! It's great reinforcement to re read the rules. Maybe the OCC could post a basic 123/ABC thread to ensure the accuracy. I'm going for my fill next month and maybe I'll bring it up and if you and everyone else requests this, hopefully it will happen!!

Have a great evening!

I really think there needs to be a FAQ section. I've asked a couple of questions here and some of the responses I get are "read the forum" as some of my questions were answered before. For someone that just discovered you all last week and got my surgery date last week which is in a couple of weeks, honestly it's time consuming to try and find all these posts when I work full time. :mellow: I did go to the other forum and found that to be more helpful with the FAQ section but there is a lot of mean and nasty people over there that I don't feel comfortable posting there. This forum is smaller and more sincere and personal. :D

I really think there needs to be a FAQ section. I've asked a couple of questions here and some of the responses I get are "read the forum" as some of my questions were answered before. For someone that just discovered you all last week and got my surgery date last week which is in a couple of weeks, honestly it's time consuming to try and find all these posts when I work full time. :mellow: I did go to the other forum and found that to be more helpful with the FAQ section but there is a lot of mean and nasty people over there that I don't feel comfortable posting there. This forum is smaller and more sincere and personal. :D

You're right when we say read the forum it can be time consuming. Just for clarity if there is anyone else that feels a time pinch I am happy to answer any questions or clarity things I can at any time. Just post or PM me. I am sure others would do the same. It's too bad you had to go to another forum but it gave you a better perspective on just how much of a family we are here. We are on this journey together.

Thanks Julie. If I have anything I am in dire need of knowing, I'll pm you.

Does Dr. Ortiz's book basically answer all the questions? I read someone's post that they wish they had his book BEFORE they had the surgery and maybe they wouldn't have made a couple of mistakes. I just ordered the book today from Amazon, OCC is out of stock, and I just want to hold off on any questions before I get the book ;)

Thanks Julie. If I have anything I am in dire need of knowing, I'll pm you.

Does Dr. Ortiz's book basically answer all the questions? I read someone's post that they wish they had his book BEFORE they had the surgery and maybe they wouldn't have made a couple of mistakes. I just ordered the book today from Amazon, OCC is out of stock, and I just want to hold off on any questions before I get the book ;)

I personally havn't read the book and wish I would have prior to my surgery. From what I have read here on the forum I think it is a MUST have pre-surgery for many of the common questions people have. I think we as a forum should recommend it more. I think the OCC doesn't push it as much as they should either but maybe they don't want people to feel like you have to buy his book and they are "selling" it to you, you know what I mean? Let me know after you've gotten it and read it because I am curious about it as well. I need to get a copy and read it even now as I am sure it will only be encouraging and helpful even at this point.

I was looking for his book at Border's Books and they didn't have it but they had Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band which I picked up and wholly moly, does that have a ton of information. I will definitely give my review on Dr. Ortiz's book once I read it.

I ordered the book same day I scheduled surgery. In combination with this forum, it really helped me know I was making the right decision with the surgery & Dr. Ortiz. After surgery I found a link to several Dr. Ortiz video clips. I watch those video clips to get back track. They put back in that clinic bed eagerly hanging on his every word.