Pain and recovery

I'm big chicken and I cry at the drop at the hat...lol....so as each day that passes, I feel more nervous and excited at the same time. About 3 years ago I had liposuction, stupid idea, and I even ended up gaining 30 pounds since then, but the surgery was the most painful thing i have ever experienced. When I came home after the procedure, the ansthesia was wearing off and i'm telling you it felt like my abdomen was on fire...I couldnt move because the the pain......I couldnt even pee, I had to stand in the bathtub so I can pee and then (embarrasing) have my mom hose me down and "clean me" each time. Well god rest her soul she is in heaven, and I'm praying that I wont have any touble sitting down and "do my business" did anyone here have any problems going to the bathroom?

Poor girl!

My only discomfort was the slight ab twist to be able to reach to wipe, haha. I just held my port area with one hand and wiped with the other (how embarassing). It kind of feels like when you try to do too many sit-ups, the abs feel weak from the port being sewn to the abs. It only lasted about a week or so.

Poor girl!

My only discomfort was the slight ab twist to be able to reach to wipe, haha. I just held my port area with one hand and wiped with the other (how embarassing). It kind of feels like when you try to do too many sit-ups, the abs feel weak from the port being sewn to the abs. It only lasted about a week or so.

Whew....lol....the love of a mother for her child would only explain why she would take care of me when she did...lol. I was just so worried that I wasnt going to be able to go to the bathroom on my own!!! I feel better!! :P

Getting in and out of bed was painful for me. Anyting really that involved bending and that was for about 6 days for me. Each day is a little less. the pain is the gas on days 2-4 for most i think. I still have uncomfortable gas that is driving me nuts. Take 2 or 3 different kinds of gas medication ;) Walk.

You will be fine! The surgery is a piece of cake. I would do it over if I had to. You are up and walking around about an hour after. The gas afterward is probably the most painful part of the surgery, just remember to walk walk and walk some more!

Liposuction is a far more traumatic surgery than lap-band. Have you ever seen a video of those? It's like the surgeon is doing their vacuuming on the patient.

You'll do fine. Just remember to walk walk walk. It has the benefit of getting your blood flowing which will aid in healing, and getting the gas they inflate your stomach with moving which will ease gas pains. Occasionally we'll hear of someone having more than soreness but it always seems like those are the people who are letting themselves lie in bed all day. People have come back and stated once they get up and start walking they feel much better.

Oh and one more thought: if you have cats you may want to shut your bedroom door at night with them on the other side. My cats learned pretty quickly that if they jumped on my stomach while I was sleeping I made the best faces. I think they had competitions.