ANYONR FROM ARIZONA?

:rolleyes: ANYONE FROM ARIZONA? Would love to chat --my journey has just started but I have been doing research for about 6monthes now- have my call into the center to start the pre-op stuff. my money should be coming in this month and looking for a October date.....also somebody mentioned great shopping near the hotel in TJ great designer purses are these real or fakes? would love to hear from anyone----thanks soon to be banded B)

Cyndi,

Hi. I am from Cave Creek Arizona and was banded by Dr. Ortiz on July 18th. Have you decided on a date yet? Did not do any shopping in TJ but I am sure a few of the bandsters on here have and can tell you the places to go. You can email me anytime if you want and I would be very happy to share my experience with you and help you with your new journey. I have not regret my decision to have the surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck to you and keep coming back to the forum because there is alot of good people and good information on this forum. Talk to you soon.

Deb

:D so glad someone has written back -- you have done really well on the use of this tool...I am preparing myself for the procedure as much as I can - my friend will be coming with me and the husband will stay home with the children... I am in Gold Canyon but work in Tempe---going to talk to work tommorow about the time I can take off of work---I am wondering cause this in my opinion is a medical neccesity but since I am not going through insurance to get this done I am wondering if the FMLA aor short term disabilty will be honored --anyone else experience this? I have been out from a back injury about 2 years ago and they put me on short term disability like that - I would like to be out for about 3 weeks / my children will be in school and that way I can really recover ----and work on the new lifestyle I have just choosen =...... :o;)

Cyndi,

Hi. I am from Cave Creek Arizona and was banded by Dr. Ortiz on July 18th. Have you decided on a date yet? Did not do any shopping in TJ but I am sure a few of the bandsters on here have and can tell you the places to go. You can email me anytime if you want and I would be very happy to share my experience with you and help you with your new journey. I have not regret my decision to have the surgery and would do it again in a heartbeat. Good luck to you and keep coming back to the forum because there is alot of good people and good information on this forum. Talk to you soon.

Deb

hey Deb, I will banded on Sept 22, really getting anxious and really to hard to believe I am acturally going to do this. My question to you is. I am taking Thur. and Fri off from work. Friday is the day of the precedurer but I have to be back in my office on Monday morning. My boss is not crazy about me doing this so to ask for more time off is not going to happen. My biggest worry is trying to pull this off. Is there very much discomfort after a couple of days. I work in a office and set a computer all day so I'm hoping I should not have a problem. what do you think?? also no one else knows I having this done so I really wanted to be very quite about accept for my friend, mother and sister.Who are a little nervous but very supportive I feel this is a personal decision and if you want to keep it do yourself you should. I understand the weight does not come off too rapidly which can help to explain dieting and loosing weight. please let me know how you felt the first week and how you doing now? have you had your first fill? Have you some restriction now? love to hear from you :D dixie darlin

hey Deb, I will banded on Sept 22, really getting anxious and really to hard to believe I am acturally going to do this. My question to you is. I am taking Thur. and Fri off from work. Friday is the day of the precedurer but I have to be back in my office on Monday morning. My boss is not crazy about me doing this so to ask for more time off is not going to happen. My biggest worry is trying to pull this off. Is there very much discomfort after a couple of days. I work in a office and set a computer all day so I'm hoping I should not have a problem. what do you think?? also no one else knows I having this done so I really wanted to be very quite about accept for my friend, mother and sister.Who are a little nervous but very supportive I feel this is a personal decision and if you want to keep it do yourself you should. I understand the weight does not come off too rapidly which can help to explain dieting and loosing weight. please let me know how you felt the first week and how you doing now? have you had your first fill? Have you some restriction now? love to hear from you :D dixie darlin

Dixie...

Not that you asked me, but I just got banded on Thursday, I could have went to work today, but the liquid diet doesn't give you much energy . Also, the flight from San Diego to Denver took some out of me, but again if you rest when you can you should be able to do it albiet tired

Tom

:( well that is good to know ----won't bring too much cash with me then - hopefully I will be talking to someone in th office over the next few days and start this whole process-- my funds for the surgery should be in over the next 2 weeks --does anyone know if the OCC takes personal checks?

Cyndi I was banded on Aug. 24 which was a Thursday and I went back to work on the following Monday. I was just a little sore and a little nauseated feeling but it gets better every day.

Hi Dixie,

So glad to hear you will be getting banded on Sept. 22nd. I will be down there for my 2nd fill on the 21st of Sept. so maybe I will see you when you go for your pre-op. You should be okay to go back to work by Monday morning. You will probably be a little tired when you get home but just rest up and don't do anything too strenous at work. The first few nights after I got home, I had to sleep with my pillows proped way up so it was as if I was sitting up in my bed. That was the only way I could be comfortable. I kept my surgery to just my best friend and a few of my family members. They have all been very supportive in my journey. The first week after the surgery I was on liquids and did not have too much of a problem with any of the post-op. Just had to sleep sitting up for the first few days but other than that all was good. I had my first fill on Aug. 30th and since I carry most of the weight in my stomach I had the VG Band. I don't have much restriction right now and have scheduled another fill for Sept 21st. But I am watching what I eat and still eat only half of what I used to. It takes a lot of discipline but I am determined to do whatever I have to do to make this work. Good Luck with your upcoming surgery and keep us posted on how it goes. Talk to you soon.

Deb

Dixie...

Not that you asked me, but I just got banded on Thursday, I could have went to work today, but the liquid diet doesn't give you much energy . Also, the flight from San Diego to Denver took some out of me, but again if you rest when you can you should be able to do it albiet tired

Tom

hey Tom, thanks for the thumbs up, I feel alot better knowing that it is doable. Just wondering how are you doing since the surgery B) I must say I am getting really nervous...was it very uncomfortable traveling. I've been a bit concerned about that my trip is a good 5 hr flight time, was there any issues you taking any medication back with you on the plan? thanks again. Dixie Darlin

Hi Dixie,

So glad to hear you will be getting banded on Sept. 22nd. I will be down there for my 2nd fill on the 21st of Sept. so maybe I will see you when you go for your pre-op. You should be okay to go back to work by Monday morning. You will probably be a little tired when you get home but just rest up and don't do anything too strenous at work. The first few nights after I got home, I had to sleep with my pillows proped way up so it was as if I was sitting up in my bed. That was the only way I could be comfortable. I kept my surgery to just my best friend and a few of my family members. They have all been very supportive in my journey. The first week after the surgery I was on liquids and did not have too much of a problem with any of the post-op. Just had to sleep sitting up for the first few days but other than that all was good. I had my first fill on Aug. 30th and since I carry most of the weight in my stomach I had the VG Band. I don't have much restriction right now and have scheduled another fill for Sept 21st. But I am watching what I eat and still eat only half of what I used to. It takes a lot of discipline but I am determined to do whatever I have to do to make this work. Good Luck with your upcoming surgery and keep us posted on how it goes. Talk to you soon.

Deb

Hey Dixie, I hope we do meet up, it will be great to meet you and hopefully we can keep tabs on each others progress. Where did you fly out of? How long was your travel? When did you say you were banded? Have you had any restrictions since the surgery. thats great you are staying so focused and determined, we both know how tuff that is. How has weight done since. Anxious to talk more with you. keep in touch hopefully we will catch up with each other at the clinic. It does seemed based on what I have read the VG Band seemed to take maybe a little longer to hit the "sweet spot". Did you know before surgery that you would be going with the VG Band. Love to hear back from :D Dixie Darlin