My 1st fill

I have scheduled my first fill for Aug 22nd. I am very excited for the next step in the lapband process. I have been lossing weight but it has been kind of slow. I still can eat a good amount but no where near what I ate pre surg and not as often. Any suggestions or tips or just what I might experience with my first fill?

• 3 weeks later...
I have scheduled my first fill for Aug 22nd. I am very excited for the next step in the lapband process. I have been lossing weight but it has been kind of slow. I still can eat a good amount but no where near what I ate pre surg and not as often. Any suggestions or tips or just what I might experience with my first fill?

I am quite new, but when you think about it, it took a long time to get it on so it might take a bit of time to loose it all

• 2 months later...

I live in Portland and starting to research my options for my first fill....where did you go and were you happy with it?

• 2 months later...

I got my first fill a month ago and have been gaining weight ever since. After my surgery I could feel the restriction and could only eat limited food. However, my weight loss was slow. After I got the fill, I went backward and felt as I did before the surgery-I could eat unlimited food, but I would often get things stuck. I know what it felt like to not be able to eat more than 1/2 to one cup at a time, three times a day and I want it back, but I don't know what went wrong. Does anyone know?

I live in Portland and starting to research my options for my first fill....where did you go and were you happy with it?

The closest 2 options and ones I know something about are these....Dr. Kelly Fitzpatrick, a naturopath who lives and has a practice in Eugene but comes to Portland like twice a month. She's on the referral list from the OCC with her number I think. My friend has gone to her twice and really liked her. The other option is in Salem and it part of Fill Centers USA. This is where I went for an emergency unfill. I loved the Nurse Practitioner who works there. She was so informative and kind and did a great job. Now both of these options don't offer fluoro but for me I have decided it's not necessary . I had 2 fills under fluoro and the 2nd one was then the one I had to get the emergency unfill as I was unable to keep liquids down after several days. I am not saying fluoro is not something that isn't important to some people and that it has it's place, I just feel comfortable if I need another fill to go back to Salem and get it done without. I will have my band checked at the year point with one as recommended.

Hope this helps.

PS: There is also somewhere in Olympia WA that has fluoro. I don't have the details about it however. Just ask here if that sound like what you'd rather have and I know a few have used it.

The closest 2 options and ones I know something about are these....Dr. Kelly Fitzpatrick, a naturopath who lives and has a practice in Eugene but comes to Portland like twice a month. She's on the referral list from the OCC with her number I think. My friend has gone to her twice and really liked her. The other option is in Salem and it part of Fill Centers USA. This is where I went for an emergency unfill. I loved the Nurse Practitioner who works there. She was so informative and kind and did a great job. Now both of these options don't offer fluoro but for me I have decided it's not necessary . I had 2 fills under fluoro and the 2nd one was then the one I had to get the emergency unfill as I was unable to keep liquids down after several days. I am not saying fluoro is not something that isn't important to some people and that it has it's place, I just feel comfortable if I need another fill to go back to Salem and get it done without. I will have my band checked at the year point with one as recommended.

Hope this helps.

PS: There is also somewhere in Olympia WA that has fluoro. I don't have the details about it however. Just ask here if that sound like what you'd rather have and I know a few have used it.

JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!