Question about post-op diet

Does anyone know if sugar free jello is alright for post-op? Some how I thought it was o.k. then when I re-read the paperwork Dr. Miranda gave it didn't show it on the list for the first 7 days. I hope I didn't mess things up for me. I was eating the individual servings about 1 a day. :unsure:

I ate jello because it is what I have been taught as a nurse to be a clear liquid. I would like the rationale for it not being acceptable. Does the gelatin not dissolve in the small stomach? :-? Is it not already almost in liquid phase as you process it from your mouth and then down to the new small stomach? :-? I need the facts mam! Anyone from Dr. O's office know the answer? I think it would be good to clarify the reason for this removal from the approved list.

banded 8/7 and jello set well for me on day 3. didnt try it until then. now i'm on day 11 and i still do the clear liquids and i have tried a couple creamy soups. never have been much of a cream soup person and lets face it, you just dont get better than 98 cents for cambpells veg beef (tossed out the vegs). I can even do pudding when i take small bites and SAVOR it so that its almost liquid.

cathy