I am getting good at this PBing thing!

I have to admit it. I PB just about every day. They are not violent painful episodes, just a quick PB and they are over. I am getting so good at it I don't even leave my desk. I just lean of the wastebasked and voila.

You should not be Pbing every day. Analyze why. Are your bites to big? are you not chewing enough? Are you swallowing too much liquid, like too big of gulps of liquid at a time? Is it food that doesn't agree? You will potentially damage your band if you keep this up.

PB'ing: productive burping

This is what happens if something cannot get past the band. It comes up, like a burp, with food in it, (and often lots of saliva since you create saliva when something is stuck, we call this sliming).

Just make sure your band isn’t too tight, you’re eating slow and chewing each bite at least 30 times and you should be able to avoid it.

best,

Lisa

PB'ing: productive burping

This is what happens if something cannot get past the band. It comes up, like a burp, with food in it, (and often lots of saliva since you create saliva when something is stuck, we call this sliming).

Just make sure your band isn’t too tight, you’re eating slow and chewing each bite at least 30 times and you should be able to avoid it.

best,

Lisa

OMG!!!! that is disgusting. Does this happen often?

That's the trick, it wont happen at all if you eat slow, eat small amounts, chew each bite 30 times. (don't drink when eating) Its pretty simple really, however most of us make the mistake (myself including) of eating too fast, taking to big of bites and not chewing properly.

So if you're smart and follow the rules you wont do it, if you're use to eating fast and have a harder time learning to chew 30 times per bite (me!!) it will happen.

No one can really say how often - its really dependant on you!

Kim, that really sucks... are you eating the same thing everytime you PB? Have you been able to narrow it down to what it is and why you're PB'ing? I get things stuck, but they go down after a few minutes. Evette had a really bad PB'ing episode.. so be careful.