Frozen Yogurt

Fillhart

Hi Everyone,

First of all I would like to thank every one for posting on this forum, if I have a question I just look and usually find the answer. Always makes me feel better :rolleyes: I am on my 3rd week post op and wondering if I can eat sugar free frozen yogurt. It has the texture of soft serve icecream?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

First of all I would like to thank every one for posting on this forum, if I have a question I just look and usually find the answer. Always makes me feel better :rolleyes: I am on my 3rd week post op and wondering if I can eat sugar free frozen yogurt. It has the texture of soft serve icecream?

Thanks

I would say yes, since this is considered a full liquid where I come from. I know they say no ice cream but I think that is for the calories and because it's so many peoples weakness, like me. Check with Dr. Miranda to be sure, but I don't think it will hurt personally.

No it's fine. The reason they say stay away from ice cream is due to the sugars. Sugar-free popsicle or fudgicles are also acceptable. The rule is anything you can get through a straw and those things are melted by the time they get to your stomach.

I'm in my third week of the liquid diet! And, yes, we can have frozen yogurt! I made sure to ask about this at the clinic the day after my surgery. The doctor said to let it melt in your mouth for a second, and then swallow. I eat sugar-free and low-sugar popsicles often. Anything creamy is especially satisfying! Good luck!