Not related to banding, but it might to weight loss :(

Hey all,

Just to put it out there for the ladies unless their are men with strong stomachs and understand women's bodies, I discovered something scary going on with my body a week ago. NO, not cancer or a lump. whew!

It was a bulge coming out of my vaginal area. I had a partial hysterectomy 6 years ago and at the time I was 39yrs. old and my doc and I agreed to leave my cervix in. Well, a week ago, I discovered that bulge by accident and it really worried me and I KNEW it wasn't my bladder because I still had my cervix. Well, I saw my primary doc and she said it was my cervix that had fallen down. I was so confused and shocked too...not to mention depressed because I knew what this meant. Surgery. I just could not understand why now and how. Someone told me that it's possible that with my weight loss and no muscle tone in that area of the pelvic floor, things just collapsed and there it was. It's probably no wonder that I have had pain in my lower abdomen and cramp type feelings that I have been ignoring thinking it was just gas. LOL

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appt. with the doctor that performed my hysterectomy. I am really nervous because I don't want another surgery or at least a major one and also he's a MAN. LOL But he is good at what he does and I will survive, but gonna be so glad when tomorrow is over. ;)

Thanks all for letting me share even though it was not pleasant. Other than this I am doing good. ;):)

Peace,

Judy

You have done so well with your weight loss. I know that makes you really happy. I am so sorry you are going through female stuff. Sounds like you have already been through enough. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Amy

This has to be a horrible thing for you Judy. I'm sorry you had this happen. I wanted to relate something to you that might be a coincidence, but you might be spot on with thinking it is related to weight loss. My best girlfriend has recently lost 50# (with diet pills) and she told me last week that she had gone in for her regular annual woman's exam and the doctor had found this with her as well. She had said that sex had been painful for her recently, but didn't know what it was. Hers is apparently not all the way out, but into the vaginal canal some. And, she is only 36 years old! I wouldn't count on a doctor knowing for sure that weight loss could cause this in people who might have a tendency toward it, but I found it interesting that it happened to you and then my friend as well after losing a significant amount of weight. I hope things go well for you and keep us updated...

This has to be a horrible thing for you Judy. I'm sorry you had this happen. I wanted to relate something to you that might be a coincidence, but you might be spot on with thinking it is related to weight loss. My best girlfriend has recently lost 50# (with diet pills) and she told me last week that she had gone in for her regular annual woman's exam and the doctor had found this with her as well. She had said that sex had been painful for her recently, but didn't know what it was. Hers is apparently not all the way out, but into the vaginal canal some. And, she is only 36 years old! I wouldn't count on a doctor knowing for sure that weight loss could cause this in people who might have a tendency toward it, but I found it interesting that it happened to you and then my friend as well after losing a significant amount of weight. I hope things go well for you and keep us updated...

Thank you all for your best wishes and prayers. ><' I posted on WebMD as well and the nurse there didn't think it had anything to do with weight loss, but possible and especially in overweight people with weak pelvic muscles and having a hysterectomy can cause this to happen as well. Ya, ok...whatever. Makes sense I guess. ;)

Peace and hugs to all and I will keep you posted. :)

Judy

UPDATE!

Well, I need surgery, but one is major and the other two are a little less major. Still serious though. :( Found out my insides(mainly V), are falling and they can't get up without some help. ;) I was a basket case on the day of my appt. and might as well have been because it went as bad as I thought. This was the same doc that did my hysterectomy 6 yrs. ago and I got pretty much a cold greeting from him. Could be that he was running way behind and his patients were waiting so long. One good thing I can say is after my exam he had me come into his office and talk about my options. We must have been talking for at least 15-20 minutes. And he still had patients waiting. I felt bad for the patients, but was glad he didn't rush through everything with me. :)

Ok, so I really don't want any surgery, but it has to be done. Have questions for all of you as to how to protect my band. He doesn't have a clue about the band and how it works, but he does know I have one. I was seriously bummed after the appt. but it wasn't only because of needing surgery, it was because he was the first doc that wasn't impressed with my weight loss. Sure I have a ways to go and have some sagging skin that looks and is in the way down there a bit, but please, I weigh probably over 100 lbs less than 6 years ago. He even mentioned more than once that it would be nice if I lost more weight. Ummm...I have done pretty darn good and am alot lighter, so deal with it. My hyster went great and no probs at all, so shut it! Yeah, ok, I can type that, but should say it to his face. :lol:

Anywho, he is going to call me by the end of the week(I hope), to talk to me about which way to go, after talking to his colleagues about the best way to do this with minimal time recovery and also removing my cervix at the same time. One or two of the options would not include removal of the cervix, but he knows it needs to be out and knows I want it out.

Sorry to ramble on, but wanted to update all and put in some stuff related to my band too. I really hope it stays safe without him messing with it or anywhere near my stomach or port. ;)

All in all I feel really bummed because I am getting healthier with the weight loss and it seems like the weight comes off, but the body falls down inside and out.

Take care all,

Judy

Judy I am so glad you updated us. Dr's can be so arrogent and unsympathetic at times when we need them to be there for us, to at least act like they care and understand and are listening to our concerns and address them without putting us down or making us feel bad. I am in Portland too and just wondered who your doctor is? Maybe I know them maybe I don't but I do and have worked in OB/GYN for almost 25 years. If you want another opinion or want to maybe talk to another Dr. I can give you several names around the city of who I would recommend. Now if you are stuck because of your insurance then maybe this won't help but just wanted to tell you this. I am sorry you are going through this very personal, scary, health issue. You have done EXCELLENT with your weight loss and don't let any self righteous Dr. make you feel any less proud of yourself. Pm me if you'd like and I'll get you those referrals.

:lb4: we care!!!

Hey all,

Just to put it out there for the ladies unless their are men with strong stomachs and understand women's bodies, I discovered something scary going on with my body a week ago. NO, not cancer or a lump. whew!

It was a bulge coming out of my vaginal area. I had a partial hysterectomy 6 years ago and at the time I was 39yrs. old and my doc and I agreed to leave my cervix in. Well, a week ago, I discovered that bulge by accident and it really worried me and I KNEW it wasn't my bladder because I still had my cervix. Well, I saw my primary doc and she said it was my cervix that had fallen down. I was so confused and shocked too...not to mention depressed because I knew what this meant. Surgery. I just could not understand why now and how. Someone told me that it's possible that with my weight loss and no muscle tone in that area of the pelvic floor, things just collapsed and there it was. It's probably no wonder that I have had pain in my lower abdomen and cramp type feelings that I have been ignoring thinking it was just gas. LOL

Tomorrow afternoon I have an appt. with the doctor that performed my hysterectomy. I am really nervous because I don't want another surgery or at least a major one and also he's a MAN. LOL But he is good at what he does and I will survive, but gonna be so glad when tomorrow is over. ;)

Thanks all for letting me share even though it was not pleasant. Other than this I am doing good. ;):)

Peace,

Judy

Thanks for sharing this. I am sorry for the trouble that you are experiencing. I hate any issues that involve my girlie parts. But I think it's real impressive that you shared to help the rest of us be more educated. I for one am certainly going to research this and see if there is some kind of exercise that can be done to help prevent it. Let us know how things go for you. Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE #2

Thank you so much for the kind words and support again about my ongoing struggle with my girlie parts. LOL You are all so awesome! ><'

Well, my doc FINALLY called me last friday, the 29th and was really nice and explained everything he has been discussing with his colleagues about how and what way to go with one of the three options to fix my problem. Well, for now we have agreed to go with the robotic surgery that would lift everything up and hold it in place, but will also leave my cervix in place too. Not thrilled about that but it is better all the was around as for recovery time and so on. I was also told that the only hospital that has that available is Good Samaritan which is really strange because I had my hysterectomy with this same doctor at Portland Providence. He has two offices in Providence and Emanuel. I guess that other hospital is more high tech with their surgeries.

I was relieved to know where I am headed now and hope all goes well, but the doctor said he may second think this surgery or if I have questions or don't think it's a good way to go or whatever, it could all change. The only reason I wouldn't want it done is because of the hospital. The last time I was in that hospital was to see my dad for the last time before he died two and a half years ago. :( I have never had any kind of medical stuff for myself ever happen there. I trust them I guess, but it will be very hard for me to step foot in that hospital again, and especially as a patient. I will let you all know when surgery is scheduled and so on.

Got a big question though...I really need a 3rd fill and was wondering if I should get it before or after surgery???

Peace and Hugs,

Judy