Roswell and my second fill

I went this past Sat. to get my second fill. I had a great weekend. My hubby and kids did a braves game, falcon game, sixflags, and the Georgia aquarium. It was awsome as you can see we packed alot in. I got my fill first thing in the morning. I still love Darlene and I think she is great. She explained to me that on my first fill I got 1.6 of a fill but she could only pull out 1.2. She than added .8 which put me at a total of 2 even. She said which meant she really was adding .8 and that was a pretty nice size fill.

My first fill I never had any restriction and never felt any different. How ever now anything solid I try to eat gives me that slimmy spit thing in my mouth in 2 or 3 bites. I do not have a problem on soft liquids like soup and shakes. I do not want to get a premature unfill. I remember Michelle having the same problem and wishing she did not do the unfill. I am still hungry because I can not eat solids. How long does this last. I have not thrown up yet, just that slimmy stuff. Each day I think I will be able to eat. Any advice?

I would wait it out. 2cc isn't that large of a fill and it is possible once your liquid phase is over and the swelling goes down you will have no problem at all. For me personally, my truly restricted time lasts around 1 1/2 to 2 weeks and then lets up some. Mornings are still tight but I have to rely on will power alot at night so take it slow and don't rush to do anything.

Dawn

I think I would wait it out. I, too, got my 2nd fill last weekend. I now have a total of 3cc. It has been a tough week learning what will and won't go down. Tonight was actually the first night I've been able to eat any meat. But they did tell me that I should be able to tell the difference with this fill. The first fill only gave a little restriction in the beginning and then nothing, I was able to eat anything and probably as much as I wanted, so I think my main problem now is adjusting to the restriction that I now have. Possibly eating too fast or gulping too quickly causing air to be trapped. I think I'm going to try the warm/cold water to see if that helps. I only got a total of .6cc at this 2nd fill. As long as you are able to keep down fluids its probably just the restriction........

I too recommend waiting awhile before you consider an unfil. After my 1st fill of 2cc I could get liquids down fine but when I started eating Oh boy was I in trouble. I ate to quickly and didn't chew well enough and had so much pain because of it as well as episodes of sliming and pbing. Even when I was careful sometimes for no reason I'd slime et al. The morning were the worst. It took almost 2 weeks for me to be able to eat "normally" for a bandster anyway so hang in there. Get some protein powder of high protein shakes, like 20-30 grams and use those to help you stay full while unable to eat much or on liquids. I know they say to try and eat solid food but at these times it is nearly impossible to get in enough food for the calories, protein your body needs. Also add benefiber to all liquids as well as using the special K protein drinks. I hope you are doing better already but remember it may take several days to adjust to this new restriction. Be careful and I'm saying a prayer for you right now.

Hugs

I was the first appt. in the morning for Darlene. Than I went back to the hotel for Brad and the kids and I to go downtown and do the tourist thing and the Falcons game. I do not see how yall meet for lunch. All I can do is soup and liquid stuff. I did not have this problem last time. I did not even feel a difference last time. Boy do I now.

Well, how did all the Roswell fills go on Sat. And, Julie baby, How ya doin?

I had a good fill - good so far.

The ones who had fills just had some soup.

The others got to have whatever the heck they wanted.