This has been way too easy

I had my band surgery at OCC on Thurs. Aug. 14. I don't even remember them putting me to sleep. My wife said it took about 40 min. Dr. Ortiz talked to her after the surgery and said everything went great. I had lost about 38 lbs. before the surgery and he said he could tell when someone had lost the weight before surgery and when they had not, so my suggestion is to lose what they tell you to lose.

After the surgery I was up and doing my laps in the hallway in less than an hour. I think I about walked a groove in the floor. When it came time for my wife to go back to the hotel, I told them that I felt great and what about me going back too, so they took me back. We walked laps around the pool that night and I had hardly any pain at all, and slept very well that night.

The next day we went back to the OCC and met with Dr. Miranda. Afterwards, we went shopping on Revolution Ave. and my wife picked up some deals on those "designer" name purses and jackets. On Sat. we went to the border and waited in line for 45 min. with all the locals to cross the border, caught the trolley into San Diego and went to the zoo and walked that whole thing, then caught the trolley up to Old Town and walked all over there. We then caught the trolley back to San Ysidro and crossed back over the border and walked down to Revolution and caught a cab back to the Lucerna. We put some serious miles on our shoes that day.

On Sun. morning they picked us up at 4am to take us back to the airport. Not too bad of a wait to get back in the states at that time of morning.

All in all, I can't believe it was that easy. Never took any of the pain pills they give you. Only took a couple of gas strips, but they were really only precautionary. Never really had much in the way of gas pains at all. I think the people who said to walk all you can are right on. I walked a bunch and I think it helped. The incisions are tiny and not sore at all. Today is day 6 of clear liquids and I haven't had a problem with it. I guess I just keep waiting for something bad, but just hoping it doesn't come.

Just want to take a minute to thank the people on this board who have given some good advice, so Thanks.

Wow! Lucky you! It sounds like you sailed through the surgery! I had gas pains in my shoulders for over a month.

It's great to see you home and resting well! Good luck on your band journey. :D

Guest CaraMBA09
I had my band surgery at OCC on Thurs. Aug. 14. I don't even remember them putting me to sleep. My wife said it took about 40 min. Dr. Ortiz talked to her after the surgery and said everything went great. I had lost about 38 lbs. before the surgery and he said he could tell when someone had lost the weight before surgery and when they had not, so my suggestion is to lose what they tell you to lose.

After the surgery I was up and doing my laps in the hallway in less than an hour. I think I about walked a groove in the floor. When it came time for my wife to go back to the hotel, I told them that I felt great and what about me going back too, so they took me back. We walked laps around the pool that night and I had hardly any pain at all, and slept very well that night.

The next day we went back to the OCC and met with Dr. Miranda. Afterwards, we went shopping on Revolution Ave. and my wife picked up some deals on those "designer" name purses and jackets. On Sat. we went to the border and waited in line for 45 min. with all the locals to cross the border, caught the trolley into San Diego and went to the zoo and walked that whole thing, then caught the trolley up to Old Town and walked all over there. We then caught the trolley back to San Ysidro and crossed back over the border and walked down to Revolution and caught a cab back to the Lucerna. We put some serious miles on our shoes that day.

On Sun. morning they picked us up at 4am to take us back to the airport. Not too bad of a wait to get back in the states at that time of morning.

All in all, I can't believe it was that easy. Never took any of the pain pills they give you. Only took a couple of gas strips, but they were really only precautionary. Never really had much in the way of gas pains at all. I think the people who said to walk all you can are right on. I walked a bunch and I think it helped. The incisions are tiny and not sore at all. Today is day 6 of clear liquids and I haven't had a problem with it. I guess I just keep waiting for something bad, but just hoping it doesn't come.

Just want to take a minute to thank the people on this board who have given some good advice, so Thanks.

YEA!!! I love reading this...I am 3 weeks and counting, you just made me feel SO much better

Way to go. A posittive attitude will get you far. We did the whole zoo thing too. It was great. I did take it slow. The flight home was the tuff thing. I live in South Carolina so It took all day and my seat would not lean back. But all in all I too thought it was easy. You are in the liquid stage now and I thought that was much more difficult than the surgery. Congrats.

It makes me tired just reading what you all did and where you all went after yoiur surgery.

Wow, I'm impressed - reading your post, I can tell you will be a success story!

That's great news, good for you!

Until yesterday when I had my first major PBing episode, I have been the model band patient (according to my surgeon). The surgery went well, recovery was as expected and weight loss on target.

Everyone is different through the healing process, I am so happy you are doing well!!!