Link inside to my moms new kitty!

mona-camille

He is such a cutie. He is actually 8 years old, not 4. But she wanted to adopt an older one, and one that has been at the shelter a long time. So, Stevie has been there about a year - most people won't adopt an older cat, so we got him! So far so good. Her other cat Susie hissed and spit a lot, but she will be fine eventually.

Not sure if you remember, but my mom lost her cat Oscar to horrendous cancer 2 months ago. She was just devastated. Well, we all were. It was very very sad. Anyway, have a look at my new baby brother!

http://www.spcanorthampton.org/petsDetails.asp?id=1144

awwww... he is cute.. but HEY!! He is my brother too you know... he looks very laid back and a bit sarcastic!! he'll fit right in.... i posted a photo of myself... all by myself too i might add... you should be proud! it's the first photo of myself that i've actually allowed and liked in probably more then a decade!! :)

awwww... he is cute.. but HEY!! He is my brother too you know... he looks very laid back and a bit sarcastic!! he'll fit right in.... i posted a photo of myself... all by myself too i might add... you should be proud! it's the first photo of myself that i've actually allowed and liked in probably more then a decade!! :)

Nope, not sarcastic at all. Very laid back and sweet. Very confused though because it is so quiet now and only one other cat instead of 100's. He keeps following mom around too. He knows she is his new mom. Susie still growls and spits, but she'll get over it.

Yes, I cannot believe you figured out how to post a picture and stats all by yourself!! It's a miracle.

And yes, it is a good picture.

Did you read my post about my first throwing up episode last night? GROSS!

He is so laid back and so sweet! Had him to the vet eysterday and he has infections in his ear and his eye has a corneal ulcer and his teeth are a HUGE mess! The vet isn't sure if he has herpes, calicivirus, stomastitis or just tooth abcesses. He said it could be any one of those things. So, we start off with antibiotics and if that helps the teeth, then that is the best case and will resolve easily. He has to have antibotics in hismouth, and his eyes and his ears. Hope my mom can get them in him. He was so sweet at the vets, let them do whatever they wanted without any problem at all. Such a sweetie. We think she is changing his name (yet AGAIN) to Rocky this time. For his rocky start in his new life.

Awe, he sounds like a sweetie! Thanks for sharing his story.

I know shelters are pressed for $$ but WHY didn't they take care of this little guy BEFORE he was adopted out? Obviously they have a vet on staff to do the spay/neuter, why the HECK didn't they take care of the rest of him?