Oct 2nd

So, I have my date now, Oct 2nd. I first learned about the lap band in the fall of 2006, and I tried working with my insurance to get it done, but was not getting anywhere with the insurance so I gave up for a while. In 2007 some good friends of mine went to see Dr. Ortiz and things worked great for them. So I have been saving some money, and now I’m ready to go on Oct 2nd.

I’m not worried about the surgery, the only thing that bugs me is the PBing and Sliming. I don’t know why, just the thought of burping up food kinda makes me feel queasy, but im sure I’ll get used to it.

I have done a lot of research, and read a lot of boards and have learned a couple things…It is a tool, not a solution. I suppose my biggest hope is that it will help me deal with my hunger via the restriction. One of my biggest problems is that when I get real hungry, I eat way too fast. I know it, but have a hard time controlling it. If the restriction will help with this via getting stuck and or pain, then maybe it will teach me to eat slower. It’s like re-training when it comes to eating…

I’m looking forward to meeting the staff, they all are very positive, and look forward to my journey.

Jason

So, I have my date now, Oct 2nd. I first learned about the lap band in the fall of 2006, and I tried working with my insurance to get it done, but was not getting anywhere with the insurance so I gave up for a while. In 2007 some good friends of mine went to see Dr. Ortiz and things worked great for them. So I have been saving some money, and now I’m ready to go on Oct 2nd.

I’m not worried about the surgery, the only thing that bugs me is the PBing and Sliming. I don’t know why, just the thought of burping up food kinda makes me feel queasy, but im sure I’ll get used to it.

I have done a lot of research, and read a lot of boards and have learned a couple things…It is a tool, not a solution. I suppose my biggest hope is that it will help me deal with my hunger via the restriction. One of my biggest problems is that when I get real hungry, I eat way too fast. I know it, but have a hard time controlling it. If the restriction will help with this via getting stuck and or pain, then maybe it will teach me to eat slower. It’s like re-training when it comes to eating…

I’m looking forward to meeting the staff, they all are very positive, and look forward to my journey.

Jason

Congratulations!!

And don't fret over the sliming and pb'ing. Not EVERYONE does that. I'm banded since March and haven't done it yet!

Congratulations on picking your date, I would start practicing to chew chew chew now, and then you

will be used to it when you get the band. I only PB when I take to big of a bite and forget to chew.

I never really thought about it, but I have not got to the point of "starving" since being banded :P

I love my band and you will too!

Congrats on your surgery day!!!

Don't worry about PBing...it happens, it's not painful, the food getting stuck is painful, but can be avoided by eating small bites, chewing well and taking your time when you eat.

Generally PBing happens when you eat too fast, too much and don't chew well. Sometimes it happens because of what you are eating, such as doughy bread or dry meat. It happens to the best of us and once it's over, you feel relieved.

Best of Luck!

:lb9: I't so nice you have a date. This will help focus your pre-op weight loss efforts. I encourage you to get started sooner rather than later. Don't wait until just 2 weeks before. Too much pressure.

We are all here for you if you need anything. It's great you have done your research. Just read as much on this forum as you can. Go to the old posts and you'll get a ton of info.