Oct 22...here I come

So I booked my surgery and it is October 22, I am totally excited!! Just over 8 weeks!! Should give me enough time to practice chewing...as I tend to not chew very well!! My question is; do I have to buy their protein shakes or I can I get my own?? Also after the sugery I see in the e-store there is the Optifast shakes, do I have to buy those, or will regular protein shakes work (as long as they are low calorie). And suggestions for place to purchase these is Canada, preferably Calgary would be great!

I can't wait to be apart of this group!! :D

Joanne

So I booked my surgery and it is October 22, I am totally excited!! Just over 8 weeks!! Should give me enough time to practice chewing...as I tend to not chew very well!! My question is; do I have to buy their protein shakes or I can I get my own?? Also after the sugery I see in the e-store there is the Optifast shakes, do I have to buy those, or will regular protein shakes work (as long as they are low calorie). And suggestions for place to purchase these is Canada, preferably Calgary would be great!

Joanne

Congrats....and you are already a part of this group. We need support even before the surgery.

Joanne

Exciting! I am there for my tests on the 23rd and surgery on the 24th just behind you!!

I haven't started them yet, but I heard that Optifast is really yucky. There is another topic in here about shakes and what not and it talkes about which are good.

Good luck!!

Congrats on your surgery date!

I didn't buy their shakes, I just used slim fast. :D

Exciting! I am there for my tests on the 23rd and surgery on the 24th just behind you!!

I haven't started them yet, but I heard that Optifast is really yucky. There is another topic in here about shakes and what not and it talkes about which are good.

Good luck!!

Thanks jhawkchick75, I will probably still be around when you come in for your tests...I will have to ask around for you!! So far you are the only other one that I have heard will be in at the same time!! I think I might stick with the slim fast...maybe ensure too?? Still have to research that one.

Thanks jhawkchick75, I will probably still be around when you come in for your tests...I will have to ask around for you!! So far you are the only other one that I have heard will be in at the same time!! I think I might stick with the slim fast...maybe ensure too?? Still have to research that one.

Definitely check around for me - my name is Shelby! :) I can't believe it is 8 weeks away - we will be there before we know it! I'm sure as the date gets closer there will be more folks chatting about it. I would have loved to go earlier, but that is really the first time I could take off work for a bit.

I'll have to dig up that forum topic, but there were a few folks that mentioned and recommended some protien shakes that they said were pretty good. One I remember was from Costco and another I think they said they got at GNC. But I will double check and copy it in here. I just know I can't handle chugging down icky drinks for two weeks! :(