Chocolate MMMM

Okay so I have been banded now for almost 5 months, I have been following the eating guide you know protien, vegies, fruit then ..... Well anyways last night I was in the dulldrums, just finished with doing the exercises and it hit me, I was all alone in the house. My youngest moved out about 2 weeks ago and my husband works nights. Getting to the point. I wanted to eat and real bad anything I could find. I remember my husband's big jar of Hershey's cany bars, all I could think of was getting to that jar. Found the footstool, found the hiding spot and low and behold a big beautiful jar of chocolate. Now remember, I have been very good, no cheating, I want my band to work for me. I opened the jar and this putrid smell emmitted out of it, this is the stuff I use to use for my dull drums, (who have I been kidding). Man I had to shut the lid fast, the smell from the chocolate just about made me head for the bathroom. The reason I am telling you this is because...The band is helping me adjust to eating the right foods. I can no longer eat bread, rice or even a whole potatoe. I use to eat and eat and eat. I could eat a whole loaf of bread in one night, a whole bag of Hershey's Minitures, a whole bag of the largest chips. A little at a time, my mind and body are adjusting to band life and you know what "I LOVE IT!" I can say that instead of the chocolate bars, I ended up eating a small garden salad and it made me feel so much better.

Don't deprive yourself :huh: It makes you want it more ;) ....M&M has the 100 calorie paks at Target....If I'm having a bad day and need a pick me up, I will take out a pack and snack on them.... ;) But Congradulations on your success!!