I need EVERYONE's HELP!!!

I need to go food shopping for my clear liquids diet....please please give me some suggestions to buy.....I need to put my grocery list together...I have to work 1 week after my surgery and that means I have to work with still being on the clear liquids............any and all suggestions are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Sugar free Popsicles. And Sugar free fudge pops.

2) Sugar free jello.

3) Pudding, but only eat it when you get past the clear liquids only stage.

Hope these few thing help.

Dianna

Someone suggested the packet out of the Top Ramen package to make into a broth. I have bought these for my upcoming surgery next week since I think regular bouillon cubes would be boring and taste acky...;)

Someone suggested the packet out of the Top Ramen package to make into a broth. I have bought these for my upcoming surgery next week since I think regular bouillon cubes would be boring and taste acky...;)

oh my love, we are getting banded the same day!! I will pray for you, hope you can do the same for me! :P

I would buy boxes of beef - chicken - veggie - broth. I would also buy fresh veggies and herbs along with chicken and beef for flavor only.

I would take a box of broth, for example chicken. I would put it in a pan to boil - throw in a couple of pieces of chicken and some veggies and herbs, with seasoning. Cook until chicken is done, and spoon out the broth. I would feed the chicken and veggies for my family and freeze the leftovers in quart baggies. (Saving the extra broth in the fridge for a later meal). Enjoy the broth! Its really good and good for you. You get the extra protein and vitamins from cooking the meat, veggies and herbs in the broth and its very satisfying, just don’t eat any of the solids and if needed strain your broth. You can make beef, use the veggie and sauté onions and add the onion broth, a little bit of port for flavor and yummy! It’s amazing the different flavors you can make with broth by adding different meats, herbs, veggies and seasonings. I actually had fun playing with it and I had my surgery Friday and was back to work the next Tuesday. (Like I said before, just make sure to either carefully spoon your broth out or strain it to remove the chunky stuff before you eat)

No worries, you'll do fine and have some fun while you're at it!

Good luck!

Boost protein drinks have really saved me. I had surgery last Monday and have been really weak, these seem to keep me "up". I also bought alot of Vitamin Water, drinkable yogurt and popsicles are my best friend. Good Luck! You'll do fine!

I just wanted to let you know that JELLO is Not on the list for the clear liquids list. I found out the hard way when after about 4 days of eating Jello, I re-read the list and it wasn't there (makes no sense to me, however). I wrote Dr Miranda and she said it was taken off the list previously.

Laura