frusterated wtih myself...

I don't know why I do this! I am such an addict of food. It is my vice, and out of shear boredom I give in it. How weak is that?!? I am learning everyday that food is my addiction. It is also something I must do each and everyday to live and be healthy (eating). Yet making good healthy choices are not easy. I must change my life around, and kick myself in my rather LARGE ASS, and get going!!! I am so pissed at myself. I gave in an went to Taco Time and got my fast food fix. No, I wasn't hungry - a little I could have ate something at home and that would have solved my hungry issue for me. But oh no...what do I do? Get in the car and drive to get my fix. I need a fill. And I don't care if its too tight, if something gets stuck GOOD!!! If I can't teach myself to eat food the right way, then maybe Pavlov's responce will teach me!!!

Sorry for the rant....I am just frustrated!

Dianna

Rant if you need to, that's why we're here. I do the same thing. When my hubby and boys go away for the day, I plan lunch at McDonald's. I eat a cheeseburger and a few fries, not much and so far it hasn't affected the bottom line, but I feel guilty doing it, like I can't control myself when I'm alone, just like before. But I am getting better, admitting it is the first step and we have both done that. Now we need to focus on the goal at hand and do it!!

Having a treat of what you love is not cheating, it's human. As long as it doesn't become a habit and you get back on track.

Don't beat yourself up, just back on track!!!

You learn as you go. Self loathing won't fix the fast food runs. Self appreciation will.

If it was me with the car keys in hand, I'd be looking for some "me" time, 10 minutes of self reward. Food is one, good coffee another, but we're all on this journey to learn new behaviors.

Intentionally, with the idea of reward, do something else you want to do. Go get the scrap book paper, load your iPod, go get flowers somewhere. ... Whatever your idea of reward is, whatever that 10 minutes is, do that instead.

Get a fill girl!

I got my second fill last Saturday and the world has changed for me. Sounds dramatic, but it is!

It's been a tough week but I'm learning some good lessons. I'm learning what I can and can't eat. What I can't eat hurts going down or sits too long in my pouch. I HAVE to eat slowly. I don't have any choice. I've found so far that I can handle most protein, but not scrambled eggs. I can eat a toasted English muffin but not pizza crust. I can eat banana and blueberries but strawberries are a little tough. I have to cut them in small pieces and chew a lot. I can eat Chick-fil-A nuggets but not the Chicken Mini's. (Nugget in a tiny yeast bread roll) If I go by Chick-fil-A for breakfast I'll get 8 nuggets, eat 2 for breakfast, eat 3 for lunch and if I get hungry I have 3 left. 8 nuggets have 260 calories, 27g of protein and 13g of fat.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just take it easy. When you get the right fill, you won't have to worry about eating too much!

Get a fill girl!

I got my second fill last Saturday and the world has changed for me. Sounds dramatic, but it is!

It's been a tough week but I'm learning some good lessons. I'm learning what I can and can't eat. What I can't eat hurts going down or sits too long in my pouch. I HAVE to eat slowly. I don't have any choice. I've found so far that I can handle most protein, but not scrambled eggs. I can eat a toasted English muffin but not pizza crust. I can eat banana and blueberries but strawberries are a little tough. I have to cut them in small pieces and chew a lot. I can eat Chick-fil-A nuggets but not the Chicken Mini's. (Nugget in a tiny yeast bread roll) If I go by Chick-fil-A for breakfast I'll get 8 nuggets, eat 2 for breakfast, eat 3 for lunch and if I get hungry I have 3 left. 8 nuggets have 260 calories, 27g of protein and 13g of fat.

I guess what I'm trying to say is just take it easy. When you get the right fill, you won't have to worry about eating too much!

Here, Here. Well said. And.. WHAT is it about scrambled eggs??? Ellen

Here, Here. Well said. And.. WHAT is it about scrambled eggs??? Ellen

I KNOW!!! What's the deal with eggs?? I can eat pork, chicken, beef cut in tiny bites and chew well, but a tiny bite of scrambled eggs or boiled eggs will stick in my pouch until it comes out on its own! Makes it hard to find some breakfast protein. That's why I go for the Chick-fil-A nuggets. I can eat them, each one is about 3 bites for me and 3 of them fill me way up. I usually eat 2.

Food isn't our enemy, its our fuel. How we use it is dependant on how we look after we loose our weight, it affects our skin, our hair and it even affects our attitude. Try to use your band as a tool that allows you time to make the good decisions.

Think about what you are putting into your body because it is going to affect your body and your spirit. Always try to walk away from unhealthy choices, its hard your going to fail sometimes, but mostly you'll succeed if you’re committed.

I didn’t just want to loose the weight, I wanted a healthier more beautiful me. Both inside and out, I did focus on making good choices and mostly the healthy choices won – however I still had to have surgical options to repair the damage. I wonder what I would look like if I had made bad choices. (Actually I know, I have two friends with the band and both are bigger now than they were before they got it, they couldn’t stop the food addition from getting to them).

Don’t let this get you down, its an opportunity for you to look at yourself and decide who you are and who you are going to become. I know you’ll make the right choices and once you start its easy since you start feeling so darn good! Once we understand what food actually is and start treating it like fuel then you know you've won the war against food addition.

Best,

Lisa