It Feels Weird To Have The Band INSIDE Me!!!

I was just banded August 18th and every night when I go to sleep I kind of "panic" about having something foreign in my body!! Is this normal? Will I get over it?

Food is foreign, tampons are foreign, earrings (piercing jewelery) are foreign, stitches from any surgery are foreign. Sounds like you are obsessing and are probably an anxious person anyway. You are having difficulty turning off your brain at night. Can take a little melatonin (health food store or pharm), drink lemon balm tea, take benadryl- all of which are foreign. Ellen

Thanks KittyCat. It is the port that gives me more concern since I am still swollen and can feel it really well. I know it's stupid but I was just wondering if anyone else was feeling the same as me. I thought that's what this forum was for.....

It is...there is no silly question here. Everyone is open to answer anything you want.

Your port site will be tender for awhile, it's feels hard in the that area, but it will soon go away.

Once you heal and feel better, you will actually forget about it and learn to live with it like it's always been apart of you.

Take care

I was just banded August 18th and every night when I go to sleep I kind of "panic" about having something foreign in my body!! Is this normal? Will I get over it?

Francie, have you ever been pregnant? I ask this question, because when I became pregnant with my first child, this is exactly what I felt. Panic that not only something was in there, but it was GROWING!!! I cried and freaked for a few days and then got over it. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to have a baby, but my first pregnancy sort of freaked me out once I really understood that something was growing inside my body. It just took some time to wrap my brain around it and then I was okay. It's not weird at all to feel this way. Your totally normal.

Hey Francie,

Don't freak me out Girl! I am flying down there on Tues to get my band!

KIM

Hi Kim: Sorry. Didn't mean to freak you out. It's just the way I think. I have way more "happy" stories about my band than this panic I'm having right now. You will be fine. I would DEFINITELY do it again. It's only been 7 days for me. Write me when you're done and we will compare stories. You will love the OCC and the doctors there are fabulous. GOOD LUCK

Francie, have you ever been pregnant? I ask this question, because when I became pregnant with my first child, this is exactly what I felt. Panic that not only something was in there, but it was GROWING!!! I cried and freaked for a few days and then got over it. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to have a baby, but my first pregnancy sort of freaked me out once I really understood that something was growing inside my body. It just took some time to wrap my brain around it and then I was okay. It's not weird at all to feel this way. Your totally normal.

CCKCSHARP:

Yes, I have two kids (23 and 15) and once I think about it, I remember I experienced this with my first pregnancy too. I know this is totally normal and I actually work in the health care profession but like KittyCat says, I have to calm myself down!! I would relax alot more if I could have a slice of Pizza. HAHAHA