funny lapband story about hubby

So i got banded on aug. 22 at OCC (whoo hoo!) and i got home yesterday to montana. my sweet hubby had read about all the things i was supposed to do so when i got home he was boiling chicken broth and making me a... vitamin drink. he read on the forum i guess about bandsters not getting enough vitamins so he got some women's one a day and crushed them up into powder and mixed that with water... GAG. i told him there was no way in hell i was going to drink that and he says, oh it won't be so bad so i told him that if he tried it first then i would... needless to say, the concoction went down the drain (he claims he was afraid it would make him grow boobs...) and today he bought me a bottle of biotin. just wanted to share, i thought it was hilarious!

Oh how sweet of him! It sounds like he is gonna be really helpful and supportive to you.

Too funny about growing boobs! LOL

lol he is the sweetest guy on earth, it was just so funny when he said that because he was so serious: "these are women's vitamins, they might make me grow boobs!" he is awesome :)

Guest CaraMBA09
So i got banded on aug. 22 at OCC (whoo hoo!) and i got home yesterday to montana. my sweet hubby had read about all the things i was supposed to do so when i got home he was boiling chicken broth and making me a... vitamin drink. he read on the forum i guess about bandsters not getting enough vitamins so he got some women's one a day and crushed them up into powder and mixed that with water... GAG. i told him there was no way in hell i was going to drink that and he says, oh it won't be so bad so i told him that if he tried it first then i would... needless to say, the concoction went down the drain (he claims he was afraid it would make him grow boobs...) and today he bought me a bottle of biotin. just wanted to share, i thought it was hilarious!

that is hilarious! men get weird when they hear that "man-boobs" might grow

So sweet... wish I had one of those!!!

No kidding...how do I get me one of those!!! :D

You are a lucky lady!!!

Liquid or chewable vitamins are best. He definitely gets points for trying..those suckers are not easy to crush!!LOL!!

lol... that is what he said. i told my (flatchested) mother-in-law the story today and when i said he was afraid they would make him grow boobs, she says, "don't worry michael, they don't" too funny...

today he bought one box of every kind of mixable protein and vitamin water mix in that walmart had so i won't be needing any of that for at least another century...lol

This is such a cool story. What a sweet guy to take the time to learn what you are going through. I am going for banding next week and my son (17) has restricted my diet. He is my own little band supporter. I am on my pre-op diet. He got me up at 5:00 a.m. this morning and made me a protein drink for breakfast. He had it in a "to go" cup so I could drive him to Starbucks-he wanted a donut and iced chai tea. :D It was a nice gesture.