so you had a bad day?

I have been having a really hard time. :( I really hate my job but can't afford to quit and on top of that, I am not losing like I did in the beginning which freaks me out. When I got home from work today my husband asked me what I wanted for dinner (we were planning on eating out becuase we were both on call for work) and I told him Mexican! He looked at me and asked if that was what I really wanted. Well, after I went and got out of my clothes and settled down for a couple of minutes I realized I was trying to 'self-medicate' with food again. It is scary how much we rely on food. I thought I was getting some control on those feelings but I immediately wanted to self destruct. We ended up going to Carabba's and I got the grilled chicken and asparagus which isn't that bad. However, I did realize how much I wanted to 'hurt' myself with Mexican food.

Why do I do these things?

At least my husband had the sense to not fall for my whim...

Well the key is that you realized it, that's huge!!

My husband is not one to say" should you be eating that" because he knows I'd hit the roof,but sometimes you do need a hawk!

This time you did it all yourself and you should be very proud!

Set a goal and treat yourself to Mexican once you've reached it!!

Keep up the great work!

Well the key is that you realized it, that's huge!!

My husband is not one to say" should you be eating that" because he knows I'd hit the roof,but sometimes you do need a hawk!

This time you did it all yourself and you should be very proud!

Set a goal and treat yourself to Mexican once you've reached it!!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Yeah, my husband isn't the type to say anything either typically. He has been so supportive, kind and understanding. I think he knew I what I was doing because he knows how miserable I am at work. He was working from home today because unfortunately, we had damage from tropical storm faye and we were getting some estimates on the work that needs to be done. I think that too stressed me out, too.

Thanks again for your kind words. I look to you, mamamichele, and kim2bslim as inspiration more than any of you will ever know. I have a very similar body shape to Kim and it is amazing to see her progress. I hope to be there soon myself. :)

It's not truly a bad day unless you had actually eaten the food....you caught yourself in time with a little help from your hubby, so all is not lost! Even if you had eaten the food, just the fact that you realized it was not a good thing is a step in the right direction.

I commend you on realizing your tendencies and that my friend, is the first step! I think you actually had a pretty good day afterall!

Denise