Arrival Time and Hotel Check in

I was wondering if we are required to be there the day before Surgery. If so, are we supposed to be there by a certain time??

Do we have to go to the office before we can check into the Hotel?

What time are we allowed to check into the Hotel?

I know, I know, a lot of questions.

I was local so I was able to book the same day but I think it's different if you're traveling. I bet if you contact Lori she'll answer these questions...

Patient Care Coordinator

Obesity Control Center

Lori@obesitycontrolcenter.com

www.obesitycontrolcenter.com

1-866-376-7849 ext. 81

Well I was banded last Friday and I was told they prefer arrival before 12:00 on the day before. Once in they took us straight to the clinic for pre-op (blood, weight and nutrition, and lung/EKG). We got in about 10:30, picked up with several others and to the clinic before 12, and to the hotel between 2-2:30.

After that we were taken to the hotel for check-in and free until 8 AM the next day when Mrs. Ortiz picked us upto go back for banding.

If you're making your way in yourself, I would think the earlier you can get in and out the better to enjoy the rest of your day. Hotel is close and may have a check-in time but can probably accomodate you whenever you arrive. I think there is a link to the hotel on the OCC website.

I am hoping to fly into San Diego with my husband (if I can convince him this is a good idea :D ) and my question is, will he be able to stay at the resort while I am in the hospital or do I need to make other arrangements for him?

My girlfriend is flying in with me on the 9th of october and she will be staying at the hotel the ight I am in the hosptial - they did not act like they are charged above and beyond--but it is a good question to bring up -----

B)

They do not charge extra for your companion to stay in the hotel the night that you have surgery. They do however, if you don't have a companion, ask you to take your things and check out. No point in paying for a hotel room that no one is using. But if you have someone with you, that is included in the price of the surgery. Just did the whole thing a few weeks ago, and no problems.

Becki

If you can arrive in San Diego by noon the day before surgery we'll do pre-ops that day. If you have to arrive later than that, or your surgery is scheduled for a Monday, we'll bring you to the hotel straight from the airport the day before surgery (any time) and then pick you up around 8 am from the hotel for pre-ops and surgery.

Rene at our clinic does all the transporation coordination so make sure you speak with him to let him know your travel itinerary.