PRE SURGERY STUFF

I am getting close to my Band date and still have questions. Can some of you help? I have sent email to those that have answered before but I figure that they will get lost in spam.

So here are a few questions

If you carry on luggage can you take the powders for protein water and slimfast in your luggage or will TSA take them?

Do I have to take all of my stuff with me from the hotel when I go to surgery since I will not be going back to the hotel that night?

Any problem with the driver picking you up at the airport ....on SUNDAY?

I will be using one of the financial institutions that OCC has recommended ..........any problems with that that you know of ?

I will be traveling alone as I believe as some of you did. Also I was told by Carolyn from OCC that there were other surgeries the day that I picked but as of this day noone has said so on the forum, I am worried. I assummed that I would be meeting other OCC people at the airport to buddy with but now I am kinda worried. Would OCC fib about other surgeries that day? Are those with my surgery date just not on the forum? I wanted to pick a date that I had support from others and I was told that there were others. What are your thoughts about this ?

Thanks so much as you all have been a wealth of information.

Captain Maude

I am getting close to my Band date and still have questions. Can some of you help? I have sent email to those that have answered before but I figure that they will get lost in spam.

So here are a few questions

If you carry on luggage can you take the powders for protein water and slimfast in your luggage or will TSA take them?

You can take the powders with you. Even better if they're packed in recognizable commercial packing, but if you put them in little disposable ziploc containers, they're also fine.

Do I have to take all of my stuff with me from the hotel when I go to surgery since I will not be going back to the hotel that night?

No, your room is your own until you check out of the hotel. I don't recommend leaving valuables just the same. I don't even recommend TAKING them.

Nope. They picked me up on Sunday. they just want you there before 9pm.

I will be using one of the financial institutions that OCC has recommended ..........any problems with that that you know of ? (no knowledge)

I will be traveling alone as I believe as some of you did. Also I was told by Carolyn from OCC that there were other surgeries the day that I picked but as of this day noone has said so on the forum, I am worried. I assummed that I would be meeting other OCC people at the airport to buddy with but now I am kinda worried. Would OCC fib about other surgeries that day? Are those with my surgery date just not on the forum? I wanted to pick a date that I had support from others and I was told that there were others. What are your thoughts about this ?

There were 7 of us that day, two (Diamond Jim and me) were on this board, but the other 5 weren't. I still e-mail two of them. Everyone sort of took care of each other. You'll be in good hands even if they're not on the board.

Thanks so much as you all have been a wealth of information.

I admire your pluck and hope for a flawless surgery and perfect healing for you!

Captain Maude

I flew in on a Sunday and had to call the OCC to come get me!! Make sure you get a good telephone number before you leave. I didn't meet anyone else at the airport who was getting banded but there were seven of us at the hotel and that is where we got to know each other. We all left our bags in the hotel room while we had surgery and returned the next day...no problem.

powders are fine

take the numbers just in case, but as long as you called rene with your itinerary, they should know you are there

no, but you don't have to stay in the night in the hospital if you really don't want to... i did just to be sure, but several others i was with went back the lucerna that night

I will be using one of the financial institutions that OCC has recommended ..........any problems with that that you know of ?

dunno about that one

occ wouldn't fib... the other bandsters probably just arent on this forum, most of the people that got it done on my day werent

GOOD LUCK!!

Hi, I left everything at the hotel and locked my rings and passport in the hotel safe. Just check with the front desk.

No one I was banded with comes on this site, before or after, but still hooked up on the van ride to the clinic. They do an

average of 8 surgeries a day, so you will meet others.

I insisted on coming back to the hotel after my surgery, 1 1/2 hrs later. (tad bit to early) I was still pretty loopy.

but I passed all the tests. so they let me go. I slept by the pool for 3 hours. I remember seeing a group of bandsters,(mama michelle, all canadian girl, evette and others but I was to out of it to say hi.

you will do fine on your own. take care and good luck

Thank you soooo much!! Why other bandsters would not come to this board I do not understand. Oh well, all of you have said some great things and I really, really, really appreciate it. I hope that some day that I will be able to help others as you all have helped me. I was so worried that no one would reply.....scarey. I am so excited about all of this My decision (deposit) to surgery date will only be about 18 days. I figure the quicker the better. Losing the weight in that short of time is a task but sooner the better to get on with my life. I have been fighting this battle for more years than some of you have been alive. The time is now! Thanks again because I would not have had the courage to go to Dr O if it was not for this forum. I would have never got the band in US because of the cost and all the stuff that they put you through. Never knew that I could love people that I never met but I reall y have a deep love for many of you. Thanks so much for the support and time that you put into "others'.

xoxoxox