A Guy's Prespective: Banded at 11am, Back into the hotel at 5pm

Picked up at the very friendly, clean, and european style Lucern Hotel at 7:30am

The van was new and clean, and rode over with 4 patients and their 4 family members. A 3-5 minute to a very modern looking clinic

Qucik paperwork as soon as we arrived, Nutrition Discussion for 15 minutes and weigh in, blood work and EKG within 5 minutes, and then taken to a very nice room with a flat screen TV, couch, and a very comfortable bed.

Put on my gown, took some pills, watched a movie on HBO until Dr Ortiz came in to talk. Great guy and his mom happened to be in the clinic also. You usually can tell a man by how he treats his mom. Made a couple of free phone calls in the room back to the states to let my daughter know I was doing good.

By 10:30 I was rolled into the OR, woke up by 11:15, and started to walking around by Noon.

I was discharged at 4pm, and walked around the hotel neighbor hood until 6. Had water and clear broth from the hotel at the property restaurant, and wave been on the internet since (wireless in the room)

My stomach area has a slight dull pain, but nothing to hardly mention.

Going back to San Diego in the morning to take in a movie, and stay there for an early morning flight the next day.

I met a guy from Florida at the clinic and he had the same sort of experience.

These guys have it going on!

Welcome to bandland and thanks for sharing your banding experience with us.

Only one problem though, you are one of the few who have not commented on how HOT Dr. O is! :)

Wow that's amazing!!! 45 min surgery and up and walking by noon!!!

They must be doing something differently at the OCC than here in Canada.

My surgery was 90 minutes and I was in recovery for 2 hours, could barely walk to the bathroom. Down and out for 4 days.

If this was my first surgery I could see how it might be more difficult to recover from, but it's my 6th surgery in my abdominal area.

I am so happy you are doing well!!!!

Wow that's amazing!!! 45 min surgery and up and walking by noon!!!

They must be doing something differently at the OCC than here in Canada.

My surgery was 90 minutes and I was in recovery for 2 hours, could barely walk to the bathroom. Down and out for 4 days.

If this was my first surgery I could see how it might be more difficult to recover from, but it's my 6th surgery in my abdominal area.

I am so happy you are doing well!!!!

That pretty much describes everyone's surgery at OCC. I took a little longer coming around from the anaesthesia, and my husband (who was banded immediately after me) was already up and sitting next to me in my room when I woke up. We were up and walking within a couple hours. Many patients go shopping in Tijuana the day after surgery. I don't know what they do differently, but it sure makes it easier for us patients. Incisions are glued instead of stapled or stitched, and the scarring is minimal too. And people keep asking me why I would want to go to Mexico!

THAT is great to hear! I think I have made a wonderful decision by choosing OCC! Just 12 more days!

C

I was banded as well on the 28th of aug. It does go that fast and smooth , I loved the care I got ,everyone was wonderful. I would recommend to anyone getting it done to go to OCC . I too was up and walking within a few hours after surgery . Also , walking the next day in Tijuana enjoying the sights.

Hey Cathy just to let you know with each surgery you have in the same area you form scar tissue and have adhesions in the area as well. this makes any following surgeries that much more difficult to do and it simply takes longer. Maybe this is the reason for your longer times. Maybe not but just a thought.

And to you boilermaker what a nice, concise, man's description of your experience. I am sure the other fellas will be happy to know about the flat screen TV's!! You forgot to mention all the channels they have and the remote!! ;)