Your Thoughts on Cheese Whiz

traceyeliza

someone at work today had a can of cheese whiz and it got me thinking... could we have a little bit of in the creamy soup phase or is too thick? i have seen recipes where it is added to soup, but i don't know if that is ok or not. what about plain? any vets have thoughts on this? just curious, thanks!!

Well, I don't think that it would do any harm. However, getting used to eating that again isn't going to help you lose weight! It's a lot of bad stuff. I used to eat in high school too ~ it can be delicious with the right cracker (we ate it with Pringles)! So, anyways. I'm thinkin' that it would go down okay, but it's just plain not good for you............ :rolleyes:

I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pool - I mean it has no nutritional value, high calories and most likely a part of what got you to the point of why you had to get the band in the first place. We can't eat much - and what we eat needs to have good nutritional value. You're on the start of a new you - don't blow it by going back to old bad habits. Take this as an opportunity to start new good ones. (I know you most likely wont per your last post - at this point I'm just nagging).

Sorry, I am a little bit cranky, I have someone I know who got the band before I did, and she is still huge and doesn't get it. She does stuff like this and then wonders why she can't loose the weight. I just saw her yesterday and she's even bigger than before the band.

You make the decision, but you know what's good and bad for you and you know what your weaknesses are. If this is something that is a point of weakness - don't do it. Its something that you can cheat with, its crap and its not worth it.

Lisa

I would agree with Lisa. Cheez wiz is not for us! I tried to still eat the same foods in smaller quantities and am now realizing that I have to stop eating those foods to help my band help me. Cheez wiz has NEVER been something that I would eat but I would compare it to a piece of cake for me. What is the value in it? There is none. Try to remember your reason for getting the band. Help your band help you. I learned the hard way and am now on the right path. Don't start off on the wrong path like I did, it just lenghtens the time before you begin to see the new you.

Traceyeliza, your pictures are beautiful.. where you married in hawaii? You husband is cute. you made a beautiful bride..

oh and stay away from cheese whiz :P lol

YUK!, this is the mentality you need towards foods that will derail your desire to be fit and healthy. Cheeeze whiz has nothing beneficial for your body. If you are wanting something along those tastes, I love the suggestion to have a creamy cheddar soup. You will feel stonger and more confident with each and every good choice that you make. You were smart to come here with the question instead of eating the goop and asking after the fact. I too am in the 2nd phase of the liquid diet and food is looking and smelling better to me with each day. ;) Good Luck.

Traceyeliza, your pictures are beautiful.. where you married in hawaii? You husband is cute. you made a beautiful bride..

oh and stay away from cheese whiz :P lol

thanks! yeah we got married in maui in june this year :)

btw - your progress is very motivational!!

thanks! yeah we got married in maui in june this year :)

btw - your progress is very motivational!!

Hi I got married in maui also, January 2002, Makenna beach. we go back every year

I love Maui!!!! this year I will be wearing a bikini :o take care, your doing a great job.

Hi I got married in maui also, January 2002, Makenna beach. we go back every year

I love Maui!!!! this year I will be wearing a bikini :o take care, your doing a great job.

thats awesome, we got married on makena cove. either its the same place or really close!

Sounds like the same place, they call it secret beach. very secluded... past big beach..

what a beautiful place, where did you stay? we stay in Lahaina. Oh how I dream of being there now :rolleyes:

My doctor told me to stay away from melted cheese, because it is bad for BM's and it can easily clog up your band....it's also got a lot of calories If I'm not mistaking?? Maybe ask your doctor about it?? Good Luck :D

well i know its not the same as secret beach, ours was a tiny little thing just called makena cove. we actually stayed in makena while in maui then went to kauai, but we did go to lahaina to eat and shop which was a blast!

I do have a question in regards to cheese. I've heard you shouldn't eat it bu then some folks say they eat it all the time. Cheese is one of my vices and I LOVE IT!!!!! So what have been your experiences - should I just give it up now or will I be able to eat it? Thanks!!!!

Guest CaraMBA09
well i know its not the same as secret beach, ours was a tiny little thing just called makena cove. we actually stayed in makena while in maui then went to kauai, but we did go to lahaina to eat and shop which was a blast!

Hi Tracy -

I remembered seeing something on MSN awhile back on "WORST" foods...I found a bit of it.

They also had DECAF, FAKE CRAB - (processed cod mashed and stamped and lots of red dye #'s 1-10 on it - mmm, yummy...NOT), DONUTS (go figure-bye, bye KrispyKreme..:()

MSN's report on the Worst Foods to Eat got us to thinking about what our list might be. MSN has nothing on us here at Slashfood. While we think that living a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle is a great choice, unlike MSN “health” advisors, we don’t think it’s the only way to live. We put on our Slash Foodie un-scientifical research hats and here are our picks for 8 of the worst foods you can eat:

Deep fried Snickers or Mars bars - This "snack" packs over 450 calories and about 30 grams of fat, and a king size will deliver more than 700 calories and 44 grams of fat. What's more disturbing is that some pubs plate them with a side of fries and call them lunch.

Shelf stable “creamers” – Water, sugar or corn syrup solids and partially hydrogenated oils make up this shelf-stable faux cream. Need we say more?

Pasteurized, processed cheese food - No, we don’t care how well they melt. These melty, spreadable, day-glo orange “cheeses” have to be labeled as “cheese food” because of the addition of preservatives and liquids. Yum.

Burger King Chicken Fries – A tiny amount of chicken with four layers of breading, deep-fried in soybean oil 3 ounces of “fries” with dipping sauce, come up to 340 calories and 24 grams of fat, as well as 1020 mg of sodium per serving.

Instant ramen noodles – Very high in both sodium and saturated fat On the plus side, there is little, if any sugar in these, though you’ll be reaching for something sweet to get the salt out of your mouth.

Movie theater popcorn – popped in coconut oil and topped with “butter," a large size has about 20 cups of popcorn and almost three days worth of saturated fat.

McDonald’s Sausage, Egg and Cheese McGriddle – only if you want to have over 50% of your recommended daily intake of fat, saturated fat and sodium in a 7 oz. (199 gm) sandwich.

Super sized soft drinks – Huge drinks, like the 52-ounce X-treme gulp at 7-11, when filled with sugary sodas, can pack away over 600 calories each!

Quaker Oats & Honey Granola

Does Mother Nature want you eating half a cup of oats coated with three teaspoons of sugar and laden with more artery-clogging fat than you’d get in a McDonald’s hamburger? No doubt she’d prefer you eat low-fat, low-sugar, whole grain or bran cereals like Grape-Nuts, Wheaties, Kellogg’s All-Bran, Post 100% Bran, shredded wheat, oatmeal, or Wheatena. If you’re stuck on granola (and sugar), at least choose a product like Healthy Choice Low Fat Granola, Nature Valley Low Fat Fruit Granola, or Quaker 100% Natural Low Fat Granola with Raisins.

Bugles

What’s so bad about Bugles? The highly saturated coconut oil that General Mills fries them in —oil that’s about twice as saturated as lard. (Chips are usually fried in corn, soy, or canola oils.) One serving (just over a cup) of these fried wonders will give you 40% of your daily limit of saturated fat. If you’re looking for a low-fat snack, give Baked Bugles a shot, or try baked low-fat tortilla chips made by Tostitos or Guiltless Gourmet.

Buitoni Contandino Alfredo Sauce

Why not melt a third of a stick of butter on your pasta? You might as well if you fall for Contadina’s refrigerated Alfredo. On the other hand, you could choose Classico Spicy Red Pepper, Tomato & Basil, Fire-Roasted Tomato & Garlic, or any sauces from Healthy Choice or Ragú Light instead. All are lower in everything but taste.

Campbell's red-and-white-label condensed Soup cans

They’re brimming with salt. Half a can averages more than 1,100 mg of sodium. That’s about half your ideal quota for an entire day. Try brands like Healthy Choice and Campbell’s Healthy Request, which have less than half as much sodium as Campbell’s regular soups. You can also check out lower-sodium dried soup cups by Fantastic Foods or Health Valley.

Guest CaraMBA09
I do have a question in regards to cheese. I've heard you shouldn't eat it bu then some folks say they eat it all the time. Cheese is one of my vices and I LOVE IT!!!!! So what have been your experiences - should I just give it up now or will I be able to eat it? Thanks!!!!

Jhawkchicken....eat it now, indulge a bit and then tell yourself...NO MORE.

I know the BlueBell Cheeses that come individually wrapped in small portions are fairly low cal (weight watchers friendly)

I have indulged a bit myself...OY...sliced Gouda and Sliced White Cheddar on Como bread and panninied. I am saying goodbye to bread and 90% of cheese after the 13th of September.

Good luck. !!

C

Awww....I might have to have a memorial service or something for losing my friend cheese, but i will do it! :) I had a former student that used to call me cheese b/c she thought I ate it so much! When I do my last hoorah at my favorite mexican place i'll just go all out on the cheese and call that the end.

Thanks!

Guest CaraMBA09
Awww....I might have to have a memorial service or something for losing my friend cheese, but i will do it! :) I had a former student that used to call me cheese b/c she thought I ate it so much! When I do my last hoorah at my favorite mexican place i'll just go all out on the cheese and call that the end.

Thanks!

I TOTALLY get the love thing with cheese! We have a market here that has a WHOLE section devoted to gorgeous cheeses of the world...AH, c'est l'amore

Oh I would lose it with a cheese store right by me! Maybe I can do a little laughing cow cheese here and there but keep it really small. That will take a lot of willpower on my end though.

Phoenix that is a riot! That is how my niece is but with french fries and chicken mcnuggets! That is all she wants but I only take her now and then - she's got some of my genes (looks just like me) so she doesn't need to get in those habits.

someone at work today had a can of cheese whiz and it got me thinking... could we have a little bit of in the creamy soup phase or is too thick? i have seen recipes where it is added to soup, but i don't know if that is ok or not. what about plain? any vets have thoughts on this? just curious, thanks!!

NO! NO! NO! You must have nothing but Campbell's Tomatoe soup for the entire creamy soup phase!

Just kidding, if you really need cheese, why don't you put a tablespoon of grated low fat cheese into the soup while you cook it, it'll melt and there you have it!

I liked cheez whiz too, we used to put it on those big hard bavarian pretzels. But I agree, it's nothing but chemicals - no value.

It's okay, just let go...... you can do it!!!

p.s. I got married in San Fernando, California at my husband's church, I was eighteen years old (for only twelve days) and on August 12th we celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary. Not Maui, but good all the same.

Guest CaraMBA09
A little of anything is generally okay. You sort of have to think of it as a condiment though.

My youngest daughter is largely a cheese-based life form. She wouldn't have survived 2 - 3 without it.

now THAT is friggin hilarious and so true...it is scary what we have to resort to isnt it?

just tonight I was so tired from being up at 4 am for work and then dealing with a fighting 6-year old and 1.5 year old...I made hot dogs, mac n cheese and beans...all done in 10 minutes, threw it on the table and between the husband and three kids, you would have thought it was a trough. We try SO hard to feed them healthy dont we?