To the large group that got banded at the OCC on Friday, August 29th

vix

I met so many wonderful people when I was at the OCC last week. We told them about this board, so I am hoping that they all sign up and come to this thread so we can all meet up. Hopefully everyone will check in since I want to keep track of everyone since we all shared that experience that day...;)

I met so many wonderful people when I was at the OCC last week. We told them about this board, so I am hoping that they all sign up and come to this thread so we can all meet up. Hopefully everyone will check in since I want to keep track of everyone since we all shared that experience that day...;)

Sounds like you had a fun group! I was there on Aug. 26....sorry I missed meeting you. How's it going so far?

Hi Lori,

Sorry I missed you! We did have a large group and I'm hoping they all come on here to check in. I'm doing well. Of course I have some pain from the port site, have a little bit of gas and am downright SICK of clear liquids, but overall I am ecstatic! My husband says that my lack of pain has to do with my mindset and that I am trying so hard to stay positive...but who knows?

Also, I noticed that you are getting married next July. Was your upcoming wedding a huge incentive to lose? I ask this because one of my daughters is getting married next summer as well and I was bound and determined that I would not be a fat "mother of the bride!" lol

Hey Vix,

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I left the OCC after surgery and didn't see you again. I wasn't sure if you had been able to go back to your hotel room the same night or not, until I read your post on here. I am jealous that you have a good nights sleep after surgery. I didn't. We did go shopping the next day on revolution and it wasn't that bad. But we went early in the morning so I think it was much calmer than your visit in the afternoon. We were only there a few hours before I was ready to go back to our room. We left early sunday morning at 6 AM and I thought I would see you then, but didn't. When did you guys leave TJ? Anyway, glad to hear that your doing well and home safe. I am finally feeling better myself this morning. I hope those other people that had surgery will join the group. I would love to keep update on how they are doing too. I guess will see.

Hey Vix,

I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I left the OCC after surgery and didn't see you again. I wasn't sure if you had been able to go back to your hotel room the same night or not, until I read your post on here. I am jealous that you have a good nights sleep after surgery. I didn't. We did go shopping the next day on revolution and it wasn't that bad. But we went early in the morning so I think it was much calmer than your visit in the afternoon. We were only there a few hours before I was ready to go back to our room. We left early sunday morning at 6 AM and I thought I would see you then, but didn't. When did you guys leave TJ? Anyway, glad to hear that your doing well and home safe. I am finally feeling better myself this morning. I hope those other people that had surgery will join the group. I would love to keep update on how they are doing too. I guess will see.

Hi Jess! I'm SO glad to see you posting. I was worried about you when I read your post. I guess it just takes time for us to recover....;(

Yeah I went home about 3 hours after surgery I think and I think that I would have stayed at OCC if I would have been able to get into a private room, but the room I was in was not private at all (as you know cuz you were next door) and I just wanted my privacy. We left the hotel at 8 Sunday morning and heard that a few had left at 6 so I thought you were most likely one of them. I wish we would have ran into you Saturday since we didn't get much of a chance to chat. Maybe we should schedule our fills together so we can visit.

Saturday night was my worst night and Sunday (flying home) was my worst day, but I have been doing better and better every day. Last night I was even able to sleep on my port side for a short time...so that was a milestone...lol. The thing that is bothering me the most I guess is that I am hallucinating about food...but yet I know that if I was told I could eat right now I'd be too scared to. I sure can't WAIT til Friday when I can get full liquids!!!! This broth thing is not really cutting it!!! lol

It was great to meet you and hope that everyone joins this forum and we can all keep in touch with one another...;)

Hi Jess! I'm SO glad to see you posting. I was worried about you when I read your post. I guess it just takes time for us to recover....;(

Yeah I went home about 3 hours after surgery I think and I think that I would have stayed at OCC if I would have been able to get into a private room, but the room I was in was not private at all (as you know cuz you were next door) and I just wanted my privacy. We left the hotel at 8 Sunday morning and heard that a few had left at 6 so I thought you were most likely one of them. I wish we would have ran into you Saturday since we didn't get much of a chance to chat. Maybe we should schedule our fills together so we can visit.

Saturday night was my worst night and Sunday (flying home) was my worst day, but I have been doing better and better every day. Last night I was even able to sleep on my port side for a short time...so that was a milestone...lol. The thing that is bothering me the most I guess is that I am hallucinating about food...but yet I know that if I was told I could eat right now I'd be too scared to. I sure can't WAIT til Friday when I can get full liquids!!!! This broth thing is not really cutting it!!! lol

It was great to meet you and hope that everyone joins this forum and we can all keep in touch with one another... ;)

I understand the hallucinating thing. I was watching TV and someone was talking about a corn beef sandwhich on the show. I have never eaten a corn beef sandwhich and I am not sure they are even good, but boy it sounded good to me at that moment. The post op diet says you can start liquid, drinkable yogurt on day 4. I tried this because my stomach was so acidy and I was looking for something to soothe it. It has helped.