anit acids

Tina

;) Hey Bansters!

I am curious about a stomach gas. I have been taking Gas-X peppermint strips and Malox every day and multiple times a day almost with any thing I drink? Is this normal? I wonder if this can hurt me in the long run? I know walking helps alot... I sometimes just cant wait to walk several times a day to just help with the gas in my stomach. Is there something that I can drink that would help me with the awful pain that goes up my stomach and into the chest.

I know pepto isnt good to use very often and children "should not" take pepto so I was just curious about the others.

Thanks for any help!

Tina AKA: Teeners

Banded 9/7/06

14 lbs

;) Hey Bansters!

I am curious about a stomach gas. I have been taking Gas-X peppermint strips and Malox every day and multiple times a day almost with any thing I drink? Is this normal? I wonder if this can hurt me in the long run? I know walking helps alot... I sometimes just cant wait to walk several times a day to just help with the gas in my stomach. Is there something that I can drink that would help me with the awful pain that goes up my stomach and into the chest.

I know pepto isnt good to use very often and children "should not" take pepto so I was just curious about the others.

Thanks for any help!

Tina AKA: Teeners

Banded 9/7/06

14 lbs

Hi there thought I would attach this reply from my topic in OZ incase you havent read it.. Thought you might be interested.

Hey guys and girls,

Just been to the doctors and have found a new problem, thought I would share it with you all incase someone else is having a similar problem. I was getting a strange burning sensation in my throat whenever i ate certain foods or strong smells, which a lot of the time caused me to vomit. But I could tell it wasnt the lap band causing it as it was a different feeling. So went to the doctors today and apparently im suffering with Heartburn/ Stomach Acid.. What has happened is, we have a valve at the top of our stomach which stops any acid we eat from coming back up, however since having the lap band my valve is not functioning as it should, so the acid is coming back, which was causing burning, vomitting and terrible taste in my mouth. So glad I found out that is all it is. Have been put on medication and it already seems to be working.

Hayley